JW884 Video Thread

JW884

Saw @TCMB371 's thread and I ride and race all the time with my GoPro on so figured I'd make my own thread to post in as well. I also like his idea of the commentary so figured I'd try to start doing it more when I ride the bike. I'll have the whole Alta playlist on my youtube channel as well.

JW884

All 4 motos I did on the Alta from the past weekends double header. First one is my very first moto on the bike and first time doing any start on it. Just moved up to B earlier this year so I may get passed quite a bit in some of the videos haha but there are some good battles mixed in.

JW884

Raced at Southwick over the weekend but only did practice and moto 1 of Open B on the Alta because my generator pull cord snapped:ROFLMAO: and had some dumb problems with my bars and I fixed them right after the moto. I'm not great in the sand so more of an experiment and practice than for results.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Jason, sorry I didn't catch up with you after my last moto. The rain, the sever lack of oxygen, the need for beer, etc etc etc...

BTW, that second moto brought out the worst of everyone. I was hit three times by other riders, went down twice. This Covid shit has not improved any racers attitude, at least from what I can tell! I also saw a woman rider shove another rider at the finish line. Good grief! Never have I ever seen a temper tantrum and heard such language from any rider in my life. She yelled things at that other rider that I've never heard before in my life.

JW884

Jason, sorry I didn't catch up with you after my last moto. The rain, the sever lack of oxygen, the need for beer, etc etc etc...

BTW, that second moto brought out the worst of everyone. I was hit three times by other riders, went down twice. This Covid shit has not improved any racers attitude, at least from what I can tell! I also saw a woman rider shove another rider at the finish line. Good grief! Never have I ever seen a temper tantrum and heard such language from any rider in my life. She yelled things at that other rider that I've never heard before in my life.
Thanks! and no problem everyone was trying to get out before the rain came down haha.
I could agree with that since I fell a bunch in my second moto too but that's crazy! I didn't see any of that hostility at the race.

snydes

Staff member
Cool video. I’ve been wanting to see a little more of what these JDays were like. I could never seem to get Onelapper to put his beer down long enough to get some video of any decent length...:LOL::p
It was entertaining the whole way through. Thanks for sharing.

JW884

Cool video. I’ve been wanting to see a little more of what these JDays were like. I could never seem to get Onelapper to put his beer down long enough to get some video of any decent length...:LOL::p
It was entertaining the whole way through. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for watching! It does take a bit just to gather footage and edit:ROFLMAO: Also PA isn't too far away. :unsure: Maybe you'd wanna join us at one sometime in the future?

JW884

New riding video is up! First track day this year and it was crazy busy! Gonna try to do more of these videos throughout the year so please sub if you like them!

snydes

Staff member
We were at that track owners new track “MX23 Unleashed” for our first time out over the weekend and it was also very full, not as bad as that track but very full for this track. Everyone is itching to ride!

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
That place was seriously packed! All you can hear on the video is the background rumble, like a herd of stampeding buffalo with chainsaws.

JW884

We were at that track owners new track “MX23 Unleashed” for our first time out over the weekend and it was also very full, not as bad as that track but very full for this track. Everyone is itching to ride!
Yeah I've been there and love that track! I feel like they can handle more people there since they have more space & a longer track. Also have a vlog from there last year before I bought my Alta. And yeah everyone is always itching to ride badly at the MX23 in mass since it's usually the first New England track to open (besides the ones on the cape).
That place was seriously packed! All you can hear on the video is the background rumble, like a herd of stampeding buffalo with chainsaws.
Oh yeah! It was hectic. Couldn't even hear what gear I was in:ROFLMAO:

snydes

Staff member
Yeah I've been there and love that track! I feel like they can handle more people there since they have more space & a longer track. Also have a vlog from there last year before I bought my Alta. And yeah everyone is always itching to ride badly at the MX23 in mass since it's usually the first New England track to open (besides the ones on the cape).

It was in the early stages of the management change when you were there, word is getting out and there are more and more riders coming out. Next time you are in the area shoot me a message (y)