Nearly there!.

snydes

Staff member
The waiting is the hardest part (that should be a song :unsure:)!
Should have your stuff on the way early next week!

Reactions: #76

20210512_165137r.jpg

Ok, had some time so changed out the OEM Dunlops for a pair of Michelin Starcross 5 in medium rear and soft front (but how bloody tight is that rear stock Dunlop to remove, jeez!).

Rear tyre is now a 110 so a little close to the mudflap but as the tyre wears / chain stretches it will work out. I have another chain to go on (520ERVT) when i know what i'm doing sprocket wise - but need some testing time first so just going to run the stock set up for now.

20210512_165833r.jpg

20210512_165749r.jpg

Added some lower fork protection. I like my Dirtbike protection!, Pro-Carbon front disc guard is here just waiting on a mounting, and have the Brembo pump covers too but i'm using them on the KTM at the moment. Also did buy a pair of the acerbis foot peg boots/covers and will fit them on today.

20210514_102906r.jpg

Changed out the American plug on the fast charger and wired it up to U.K. spec ready for the first charge up. (Thanks Mr.Birtwistle!).

20210514_104356r.jpg

Fitted the SXS sump guard...had to file out the rear clamp that fits over the footpeg axle as it just would not hook over and clamp down / sit right?, maybe the Alta where it fits over had a little too much "join weld" at that spot, maybe the clamp was off?, as it fits bang on where its welded together, & i was not about to try and start flatting off the weld so easy way was to round file out the clamp until it fitted snug. All on and done.

20210512_165147r.jpg

I was fitting on the Ti pegs (after i straighten one out as a little bent) but i did notice (and yes i had read about it on here) that they do tilt/sit forward more than the OEM pegs quite a bit, not too sure if i like that. Know lots have fitted different makes of pegs in the Yamaha fitment to their bikes and say that they do sit at a slight forward tilt, & may help them in body position and getting over the front more but i dont know, so am going to run the stock pegs for now and maybe see after i get some seat time and hours on her if i want to swap them out or not.

Also, anyone have any issues with their stock foot peg springs?...on my bike the brake pedal side foot peg flips up and snaps back out just fine, but the (would be gear lever side) flips up but the spring creeps round and actually stops the peg from snapping back out flat?...got me scratching my head a bit that one, but all i did was to bend out the flat of the spring that sits up against the peg mounting and all is fine.

I have the LHRB hose from Liquid here, but i'm just trying to decide on a 10mm or a 9mm Brembo master unit?, been reading lots of old threads and C5tor's last known review on trying both out was very helpful indeed but i am still not sure on what to go for. When Honcho replied to that thread he said the 9 - 10mm swap was for more of the "same feeling" as the front brake using the 10mm after the first 50 units sold had the 9mm fitted, than a supply issue, so that would tell me to buy the 10mm and should be the same modulation feel as the front brake.

Getting very close now to a first test ride!, Going to run her with out the rear number plates, i quite like the look.

I will be swapping the front out for a KTM set up but want to ride as is first, can't bloody wait!.

Generator is still needed, I think i will go with the Lyndon twin set up. Will see.

Anyway, a little update to share with the people who love these bikes. Enjoy.

Ramp_Tramp

Awesome work mate, I too like the look without the side panels. How come you're going for the KTM front end and not the newer Honda front end that bolts straight up, personal preference? Where abouts in the UK are you, what tracks do you plan on riding?

Reactions: #76

Awesome work mate, I too like the look without the side panels. How come you're going for the KTM front end and not the newer Honda front end that bolts straight up, personal preference? Where abouts in the UK are you, what tracks do you plan on riding?
Thank you!. I did notice the other day in your reply back to the rear end thread, you have a bike now?, if so what did you get?. I'll send you a P.M.

The reason for the KTM front end swap out is simply I have spare wheels as I run a Cairoli rep 450 too, so if i have a KTM front end in the Alta wheel swaps and plastics are all alike and also, the rear KTM wheel fits straight into the Alta swingarm. Not sure that the Honda one would do?. Be a pain in the ass having a Honda front end and a rear Alta/KTM. Just makes things easier.

OK, had time today to finally put the LHRB kit on the MXR, something I have really been looking forward to doing, as I am a rear brake dragger and generally hate the rear brake pedal on any bike I ride. So this is exciting to try out. Looking forward to trying it out on the track. I know its old news for most now, but still new to me!.

Also added some Acerbis master protection, changed out the rock hard stock grips for my personal favorites and added my faithful old Renthal intellilevers. Can anyone spot the genuine KTM extra part I have on my LHRB set up?....

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

And, on my travels I saw something that really made me laugh, something not usually found in the same sentence with "Alta"

6.jpg

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
That “Alta Gas” only has 05 volts. Must be the crappy low-grade stuff. You should have splurged for the premium 350v kind. Premium Alta Gas (with patented Elechtron additives!) prevents knock and keeps your engine running clean!

DynoDan1216

Man O Man! How is it possible that you have not ridden that sweet bike yet? Once you do ride it (and I don't mean around the block) your going to crap yourself at how awesome it is. I have a ton of bikes and have never had one that was as useable as the ALTA (any of them). Get out and ride that thing! You really are in for one of the best rides of your life as these bikes are game changers to dirt biking.