Isle of Man TT Zero (e-bike road racing)

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Michael Rutter again won the IoM TT Zero with a new lap record on a Mugen e-bike. He was 8.9 seconds ahead of Mugen teammate John McGuinness. There was some previous discussion about the relationship between Honda and Mugen in the thread about the Honda e-MX bike.

Some amazing performance statistics for the Mugen electric motorcycles.... Average speed for the 37.73 mile lap was 121.91 mph with 176 mph clocked in the speed traps.

For comparison, the outright lap record on the Mountain Course is held by Peter Hickman on a BMW S1000RR Superbike at 135.45 mph. Top speed of the 1000 cc superbikes is just over 200 mph on the TT course.

Rutter-Mugen-Ballaugh.jpg

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
That's some damn impressive performance... The days of ICE are coming to an end.

But many of us already understand that.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Here's a video of the first 2-1/2 minutes of the Rutter's TT Zero lap. The run down Bray Hill is always scary and somehow a little more frightening without the engine sounds to provide a sense of the speed. Also lots of head shake under hard braking with the heavy e-bike.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>