is there hope on the horizon?

B. FRANK

somewhere, maybe on this forum, I saw a blurb about teslas new pick up truck. I thought it looked weird so I didn't give it much thought at the time but later while thinking about it I remembered that it had an electric quad in it that charged in the bed. I have heard, possibly falsely, that Tesla helped alta with technology and I got to wondering that if Tesla helped alta develop a battery pack that would run a motorcycle and fit nicely in a motorcycles frame might they use the same battery to power their quad? anyone?

So I just bought an Alta tonight and the guy said that the dealer told him that Can Am owns the rights to the Alta drive train. So perhaps they could at least refurb batteries?

snydes

Staff member
So I just bought an Alta tonight and the guy said that the dealer told him that Can Am owns the rights to the Alta drive train. So perhaps they could at least refurb batteries?
Congrats on your bike and welcome to the club! The good news is these bikes are typically trouble free. Absolutely no chance whatsoever that Can Am/BRP will be of any help to us though.

B. FRANK

it was my salesman who told me that alta was technologically backed by Tesla and financially by Harley Davidson. I guess he was wrong on both counts. he is also the one who told me to leave my bike plugged in all the time. so I'm guessing that I shouldn't take stock market advice from him?

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
it was my salesman who told me that alta was technologically backed by Tesla and financially by Harley Davidson. I guess he was wrong on both counts. he is also the one who told me to leave my bike plugged in all the time. so I'm guessing that I shouldn't take stock market advice from him?
Given his 100% failure rate, his stock picks might be right, just do exactly the opposite of what he recommends!

wwmotors

May be Your dealer once in his life was reading a ZERO manual: There it says, that You should plug in the bike whenever there is power availlable! The ZERO had a charging software for the onboardcharger, that cared for the battery whenever it was plugged to the net. The ALTA does "only" charge and then switches off the bike automatically.

Top Bottom