Interesting R pack tear down video

photon

that's correct, so sense this threat was already posted, did you guys figure out why the advertised voltage is not what the pack is putting out?

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
that's correct, so sense this threat was already posted, did you guys figure out why the advertised voltage is not what the pack is putting out?
My recollection is the BMS limited the voltage per cell, by design to give the pack maximum lifespan.

Brent421

I really wish there was a way for someone, or maybe even a group of former Alta employees to get together and continue producing these packs. It would be nice to be able to continue riding our Alta’s once the packs have reached the end of their lifecycle.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I really wish there was a way for someone, or maybe even a group of former Alta employees to get together and continue producing these packs. It would be nice to be able to continue riding our Alta’s once the packs have reached the end of their lifecycle.
When our batteries start to wear out, there will eventually be enough demand for a battery builder to take interest. Until there is an adequate market to sell batteries, it's unlikely someone will build any.

Brent421

Does anyone know if Alta was producing the packs, or if the work was contracted out to a company that specializes in building battery packs?

Brent421

Also, does anyone know if it hurts the pack to ride a hard moto, then immediately charge the pack with the quick charger while you’re resting, then immediately ride another hard moto, and continue this cycle through the day?

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Also, does anyone know if it hurts the pack to ride a hard moto, then immediately charge the pack with the quick charger while you’re resting, then immediately ride another hard moto, and continue this cycle through the day?

This is fine, many of us have this routine at the track. You run the risk of thermo limiting the charge rate (and output) if the pack gets too hot.

Brent421

Thanks, yeah I’ve done both. I’ve been putting a fan on the bike between motos while it charges, but it’s no match for the Texas heat. I guess I can try filling my yard sprayer with ice water and spraying the battery and using the fan between motos to see if that helps cool it down.