Interesting home made “powerwall” video

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
How would you sort out the bad batteries, especially after they are soldered together?

Also, how to charge and discharge them safely? Are these pretty safe if you do not put high currents into or out of them?

snydes

Staff member
I reached out to the author of the video in my original post to see if by chance he’d be interested in trying his hand at a video for a portable powerwall project built specifically for the task of charging an Alta. I figured he might be interested since it would potentially attract a new crowd to his channel. While he thought it was a great idea he said unfortunately he wouldn’t be able to take it on without someone sponsoring the build.

The guy has some really interesting DIY battery tech videos if anyone is interested in that.

schwankl

ebay has a sitewide 15% off today - pulled the trigger on a 5.2kwh model s module... i know its not able to fully charge a redshift, but maybe a 2nd / 48v 10.4 kwh will be in my future if these used tesla modules pan out. If not I have something can use to offset peak-hours - in utah its 1-8pm and almost 2x off-peak costs.

snydes

Staff member
ebay has a sitewide 15% off today - pulled the trigger on a 5.2kwh model s module... i know its not able to fully charge a redshift, but maybe a 2nd / 48v 10.4 kwh will be in my future if these used tesla modules pan out. If not I have something can use to offset peak-hours - in utah its 1-8pm and almost 2x off-peak costs.

Awesome! Keep us posted on your progress! As far as my riding habits are concerned, if I could get one additional charge I’d be good.