Interest check - Alta fastener kit

snydes

Staff member
Checking to see how many people will throw their name in the hat for a spare Alta bolt/hardware kit. Our friend Rashid510 took the time to reach out to the folks at Bolt Motorcycle Hardware Bolt Motorcycle Hardware to see if they would put together a kit for our bikes and they were very receptive to the idea. Now we need to know roughly what level of interest we have here to be able to move forward with the idea. Feel free to make any suggestions on how extensive a kit you would be interested in or what specifically you would like to have spares of.

Thanks

Mikec265

The bike was built so well, I don't see the need for it. I lost one front fender bolt when I first got it. No other issues losing bolts.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
+1 for me

I would like as much of the hardware as possible without being absurdly expensive. Hopefully comparable to the Bolt Hardware Pro Packs or better. ( I'll throw out a range of $100, maybe $150 depending on contents? ). My primary objective would be to at least get spares of all the hardware that needs to be periodically removed or loosened; e.g. triple clamp, brake caliper, plastic, handlebar, front axle, handlebar controls, etc., etc. And I am certainly willing to defer to Rashid510 on what would be useful in the kit for these bikes.

snydes

Staff member
The bike was built so well, I don't see the need for it. I lost one front fender bolt when I first got it. No other issues losing bolts.

I do agree the immediate need isn’t like it is with a 2-stroke which ejects fasteners at alarming rates, but I think most guys will appreciate having a box of spares.

Myself personally I would definitely want to see multiples of the small screws that attach the rear fender and side number plates in a kit. Also, since there has been more than one person who lost triple clamp bolts I think those are a good idea. Shroud bolts and front fender bolts and then anything else that we think is a good idea.

snydes

Staff member
Unfortunately I'm being told now that Bolt does not want to package a kit for our small numbers :(. Honestly I'm not shocked.
It does sound like they do have these fasteners to purchase piecemeal though, so at least there is that. Rashid510 should be able to elaborate.

At any rate, thanks for the show of hands.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Unfortunately I'm being told now that Bolt does not want to package a kit for our small numbers :(. Honestly I'm not shocked.
It does sound like they do have these fasteners to purchase piecemeal though, so at least there is that. Rashid510 should be able to elaborate.

At any rate, thanks for the show of hands.

Thanks @snydes for starting the post and getting interest. Bolt does have the hardware necessary for our needs and since the bike population is small we ultimately are not sustainable towards a specific Alta kit. That being said, getting the hardware list together is pretty straightforward and its now just a process of getting the Alta P/Ns to match with Bolts. That means more of a simpler process of gathering hardware in individual P/Ns. Stay tuned.