Installing Grips

Scott

Has anyone installed new grips yet. Since we cannot take out the throttle tube and the tube is open on the end it makes gluing the grip on the throttle a tricky proposition. You have to tape off the end and make sure that you don't have too much glue that would get forced into "cable" side. I wish we could at least remove the throttle tube to make this a non-issue. Anyone have any installation tips? Alta?

WoodsWeapon

You can remove the entire throttle housing/tube as one. Theres a third non security screw underneath that when loosened the assembly can be slid off.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
It's a really poor design. The throttle tube should be closed at the end. If you tear the grip the dirt will go straight into the throttle.

I was careful and put the glue on the barrel and not inside the grip. It didn't work out as well as I hoped. Next time I will seal the end of the barrel with scotch tape and put the glue everywhere.

The throttle body should be temporarily protected with duct tape, or some rubber donut perhaps. Else it is easy to fill it with the extra glue that the grip will collect.

Scott

I will slide it off next time for sure. Only issue is that you have to undo the wire bundle under the front number plate to get enough slack so it can slide off.