How-To : Install and Use Alta Multitool Software

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I did try changing the Exec line to be "sudo redshift_multitool" but that change makes it so that nothing happens when I use the shortcut. It's not a big deal, I don't mind using the terminal.
If terminal is false, sudo will prompt for a password in terminal but it will be hidden from your view. That's why it seems like nothing happens when using the shortcut. Set Terminal=true and you'll be prompted for your password after double clicking the shortcut.

Don Thuren

Thanks guys!

I want to "re-load" my software... My thinking was, seems I need to load different software as when I use the "Loader" function it basically goes through the motions and comes back that everything is already up to date..

Maybe I'm overthinking it though?

Is there a way I can "re-load" the already up-to-date software?

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Thanks guys!

I want to "re-load" my software... My thinking was, seems I need to load different software as when I use the "Loader" function it basically goes through the motions and comes back that everything is already up to date..

Maybe I'm overthinking it though?

Is there a way I can "re-load" the already up-to-date software?
For what purpose would you need to reload the firmware?

You'd have to load a different version first and then reload the original version.

Don Thuren

For what purpose would you need to reload the firmware?

You'd have to load a different version first and then reload the original version.

Mark suggested I just check to make sure my whole problem with my bike, isn't a bad firmware install, by reloading it...

Anyone know where to find a different version?

Motophyllic

I just purchased an Alta laptop. Could someone please tell me how to unhook the laptop after the software update. Is there any eject button or do I just unplug it after it says update complete?