How-To : Install and Use Alta Multitool Software

snydes

Staff member
I have the same problem. Downloading ride logs is PAINFULLY slow. It literally takes longer than the actual ride to download the data.

Tuner

What is your experience with the downloading time of the bike's data into the Alta Multitool Software? My download is running for 24 h already and data from about 9 h of riding only and 0.8 GB data have been transfered so far.
Does somebody know what is the size of the internal memory of the bike?
It can take several days for a complete download. It all depends on how long the bike has been operated since the previous download.

Sumik

It looks like the complete download will take a week at least. It has been running for 50 h by now and there are still data from the whole season to be downloaded. I wonder if this can't cause damage of the coolant pump as it's continuously running as well. Any ideas?

Judaslefourbe

I wonder if this can't cause damage of the coolant pump as it's continuously running as well. Any ideas?
I doubt it will. Plus you can run the bike without the pump in most cases anyway.
Also pay attention not to run out of juice while uploading data (the bike does not sleep in that mode).

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I guess your response would make more sense to me if I had actually assembled a service laptop to perform the download.

But if it can take more than a day or two to complete, I'm not sure I have the will power to live without my Alta that long; this will impair my motivation to assemble the service laptop.

However thank you for taking the time and effort to answer my questions.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
FYI, once a log file is downloaded to your computer, Multitool will not attempt to download the same log again the next time. So there's no need to leave the bike downloading for days on end until it finishes downloading all files. Its ok to stop the download process to go ride the bike. The process will resume downloading the log files it hasn't already the next time you plug the bike in.

Quick tip. If you don't want log files to be recorded during your long charging events, just simply turn the key off after the charging process has initiated. I believe the logs are only being recorded when the key is on.

aremean79

FYI, once a log file is downloaded to your computer, Multitool will not attempt to download the same log again the next time. So there's no need to leave the bike downloading for days on end until it finishes downloading all files. Its ok to stop the download process to go ride the bike. The process will resume downloading the log files it hasn't already the next time you plug the bike in.

Quick tip. If you don't want log files to be recorded during your long charging events, just simply turn the key off after the charging process has initiated. I believe the logs are only being recorded when the key is on.

Just to get this clear, once charging has initiated, turning off the key wont stop the charging and wont do any harm to the battery?
So only switching the run-stop switch to stop will turn off the charging?

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Just to get this clear, once charging has initiated, turning off the key wont stop the charging and wont do any harm to the battery?
So only switching the run-stop switch to stop will turn off the charging?

Yes, thats correct. Its a security feature so that you can walk away from your bike with the key while its charging.