How many want to keep the foot brake?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I strongly recommend the cable be routed outside the front bulkhead. With your current routing, you risk having the hose rub against the harnesses which will ultimately end up in a failure.
I did think about this after seeing the intricate factory recommended brake hose routing. But I still prefer my routing. The PTFE coated brake hose does touch a couple of harnesses, but it does so with no pressure. There are no high-frequency vibrations in this bike, so it would probably take longer that the expected bike's lifespan to rub a through hole. And to stop that rubbing completely, I can stick a couple of foam pieces between the two rubbing things, if I see they are indeed rubbing. So, I will just keep an eye on them. I can see the complete route of the hose easily with a flashlight.

Reactions: #76

strider

My dealer installed the Alta LHRB prior to pick-up. I'm traveling this week but can take some pics this weekend, though you'll likely have figured it out by then....

Geci

I've got my bike with the LHRB setup straight from the dealer. It was only weird for the first few hours of riding but the gain in rear brake control is not even comparable.
@Philip Controlling the bike in the air is pretty much the same as with foot brake. You always clutch in to tap your brake, but now the clutch is the brake :)
Looks like the dealer routed my brake line wrong?

20181011_175115.jpg

20181011_175134.jpg

20181011_175233.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
@Philip Controlling the bike in the air is pretty much the same as with foot brake. You always clutch in to tap your brake, but now the clutch is the brake :)
Yep, except I never developed that clutch in up in the air reflex. If the front end gets too high I just tap the rear brake, who cares about not stalling the engine when you're about to die, LOL. Also, I had Rekluse clutches on my bikes for the last 3 years, so clutching in was not necessary.
Looks like the dealer routed my brake line wrong?
I think this weird routing is exactly how Alta wants it.