High Current Aussie

VINSANITY

Any idea how to contact him - I would like to look into one of those 90v batteries.

Also, could 3 of those 90v batteries in series power the Alta - a possible battery replacement option?

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Any idea how to contact him - I would like to look into one of those 90v batteries.

Also, could 3 of those 90v batteries in series power the Alta - a possible battery replacement option?
All it takes is money, if you throw enough money at the problem you will be able to buy a solution. Do you have enough to spare?

F451

I would love a quick change battery setup for our Alta's. I'd also like the option to have a quick change battery that is half the size and weight of the current Alta battery. The bike handles great as is, but its a bit front heavy, and just generally heavy. Handles great, but you cannot get around the 270 lbs girth when you come into a corner too hot, or need to wrestle it around.

A battery that was 1/2 the weight of the current one would make the bike even more awesomer.

And of course range would be cut in 1/2 as well, but if it was quick change that is a non issue if you're riding at a place where you could easily stop in to do the swap.

Just dreaming here. Honda, are you listening?

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
I would love a quick change battery setup for our Alta's. I'd also like the option to have a quick change battery that is half the size and weight of the current Alta battery. The bike handles great as is, but its a bit front heavy, and just generally heavy. Handles great, but you cannot get around the 270 lbs girth when you come into a corner too hot, or need to wrestle it around.

A battery that was 1/2 the weight of the current one would make the bike even more awesomer.

And of course range would be cut in 1/2 as well, but if it was quick change that is a non issue if you're riding at a place where you could easily stop in to do the swap.

Just dreaming here. Honda, are you listening?
HAHA Honda's still working on ADV bikes & re-releasing Monkeys..

F451

HAHA Honda's still working on ADV bikes & re-releasing Monkeys..

Well, they did release a couple of teaser vids of their lecky dirt bike, rumor mill said they were trying to build an "Alta killer".

And those Monkey bikes are killer! Spendy, but killer! Lol.

Jared

Getting/building a battery that would satisfy the needs of our Alta’s is simple enough...the problem is interfacing the BMS architecture of the replacement battery with the other components on the bike.