Help me convert an MXR into an SMR -- Progress Thread

wwmotors

We thought, that everything is like on a KTM. But the front hub is slightly different. But spacers are easily changed. The tyres are somehow special. Due to the fact, that we have only 5-10 degree Celsius in the cartinghall in winter, the asphalt is very cold. This Heidenau rain tyres work perfekt in that conditions. The tyres are outdoor wether good in the rain nor in the dry, but perfect in the carting hall in the cold. Funny! See the picture of the leaning angle! :)

IMG_E1953.JPG

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
We thought, that everything is like on a KTM. But the front hub is slightly different. But spacers are easily changed.
I see, you used KTM wheels. I have Alta SM wheels. So I just had to re-use my MXR front wheel spacers. The MXR has a thinner front axle than the SM.

wwmotors

About the Mapissue: Could it be, that there are some relations between throttleposition and acceleration programmed in the controller, and this is different with the heavier wheels and on asphalt?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I have the running light working! I didn't even have to install the extra harnesses. There is a small "AUX LIGHT" connector on the stock MXR main harness that plugs right into the headlight's running light. All I had to do is connect them together.

IMG_20190902_1642416.jpg

IMG_20190902_1643401~2.jpg

Mark911

That connector is on all the Altas I believe, however, it's dead (no voltage). Did you install some firmware that enabled the voltage and/or install the light switch harness to the ACM as well, correct?

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
@Mark911 not sure about the wiring harnesses, but the FW between MX and SM would allow that line to be active on the AUX connector. The firmware at the end was a bit mixed between EXR and MXR so there could have been with the last FW update good thing that happened....

(Also the routing on a true SM below, also with another customer bike in the shop :) )

1567472199476.png

1567472219449.png

1567472253091.png

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
That connector is on all the Altas I believe, however, it's dead (no voltage). Did you install some firmware that enabled the voltage and/or install the light switch harness to the ACM as well, correct?
Nope. I didn't touch the firmware on this bike. Try plugging in a small light bulb into it, it will probably work.

Mark911

Electro was down this weekend and we were working on the Grom (installed an OB charger, etc). We were looking for an easy power source for a tail light and possibly headlight. I bet him that the connector in question was "live 12v" but when we put a voltmeter on it the thing was dead. Key on, run/start, didn't matter. Same with my 17 and 18 MX. Maybe we're talking about another connector?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Electro was down this weekend and we were working on the Grom (installed an OB charger, etc). We were looking for an easy power source for a tail light and possibly headlight. I bet him that the connector in question was "live 12v" but when we put a voltmeter on it the thing was dead. Key on, run/start, didn't matter. Same with my 17 and 18 MX. Maybe we're talking about another connector?
I think I remember reading somewhere on this forum that the ACM checks the resistance on each accessory connector before sending 12V to it. If the resistance is correct, then it sends it. If no then no.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE:
There is no need to install the kickstand sensor harness. But you need to remove the white/yellow plug with a single jumper wire and plug the accessory harness in there.