Help - map wiring... and KTM connectors

Ben990

Help - I raced yesterday, and on the way home the bike tipped over in the trailer, and the wire from the map control got disconnected. Can someone tell me what it connects to? Does it connect underneath the computer on the handlebars, or someplace else?

20180528_160300.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
There is a small white connector behind the number plate, near the middle. The other wire from that connector appears to be joining the left loom that sticks out from under the "gas tank" cap.

BTW, that gas tank cover is called "delta wing". Need to add this to the Alta's dictionary.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The easy way is to order a new map switch. Which map are you stuck in? Does the bike run without it? Where is RadioShack when you need one?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
From all my years doing data acquisition I have not learned how to put together connectors. Many of the compact ones require special tools. This one -- who knows... But I bet @MotoMinded knows how to deal with these.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I have a special crimping tool for repairing Detroit Diesel ECU pins. The pins and pin release tool were common parts that I found on Amazon, the crimper tool was expensive. It took me a long time to identify the pins. DD wants $1 a piece, I found them for 5 cents. My point is that the pins are probably common stuff, we just need to figure out what they are.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Does anyone have a link to these switches? I can't seem to find them on Trail Techs website, nor Amazon.