Help identifying forks

scb27

The SM never shipped with 4CS forks.
Those forks are actually the bees knees. They come from the 450SMR, the supermoto race bike KTM used to sell.
IMO they are the best supermoto forks out of the box.
View attachment 2754

How much difference was there in the springing and valving Vs the KTM SMR CC forks? Was there anywhere the standard Alta fork spec/valving shims were noted?

scb27

Everything inside is different because the Alta is a dead weight compared to an engine.
I doubt we shared the shim stack.

Understood. I was reading the Kreft notes on the AER fork and the valving changes to compensate for the different weight / motor characteristics so will order a set and see what I find.

Regarding the Radial Explor fork bottoms, do you know if it would be possible to order them from WP directly or were they used on another model somewhere?

I was thinking about a supermoto 4CS fork and believe the Explor and 4CS share a similar bottom clevis architecture so was looking to get a set of those lovely radial bottoms if possible :-D

Judaslefourbe

The new KTM SMR would have the same (or very close to the same) forks.
You can try to order directly but they tend not to play ball if memory serves.

As for the 4CS, they are not good forks so I would forgo them and stick to either CC or Xplor. The main reason the 4CS are bad forks (to me) is that the clickers just plain don't work.