Help finding an Alta

Josh Farrell

Hi All, My name is Josh and I am trying to track down an Alta to buy and have sent back to Australia. I already have shipping confirmed however finding a bike is proving difficult. Any help would be much appreciated as I have very little knowledge of where to look being from another country. A dealer i was speaking to put me in touch with this group.
I was originally looking for an MXR however am now not as fussed due to the lack of them being available and now would just like an Alta MX in general. Thanks! Josh..

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Hi Philip, Thanks for the link. I have been it touch with every bike on there. Both MXRs are gone which I was really hoping for. And the two from Orange County KTM I am current speaking to them about. However looks like the 2018 model is sold and I am hesitant to buy the 2017.

Why are you hesistant on the 2017? Big difference is the pack.

F451

Have you tried Craigslist? I set up a west coast US search for Alta's when I was looking for mine, found one down in Cali. From these search results, I like to scroll down to the "Open All" blue button and click that to open all the CL areas in seperate tabs in my browser, makes it easier to scan the listings IMO.

You could easily modify this Search Tempest search to cover other areas in the US in the same way. Good luck. -Ed

Alta on SearchTempest

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
For motocross I would pick an MXR with its R-pack on any day. But for trail riding an MX with the A-pack will do just as well or better.

There is no difference in the packs between the '17 MX and the '18 MX, is there?

The MXR has different cell chemistry than the MX (Panasonic vs Sony) . The 17 MXs might be a bit different compared to the final MXs (production/process/part refinements).

Josh Farrell

T
Have you tried Craigslist? I set up a west coast US search for Alta's when I was looking for mine, found one down in Cali. From these search results, I like to scroll down to the "Open All" blue button and click that to open all the CL areas in seperate tabs in my browser, makes it easier to scan the listings IMO.

You could easily modify this Search Tempest search to cover other areas in the US in the same way. Good luck. -Ed

Alta on SearchTempest
Thanks heaps mate I’ll give this ago and see if I can find an MXR

Fog 25

Hi There, And it really depends on the bike. I am really after a MXR. Do you know of one or have one for sale? Cheers Josh
This guy might still have his for sale. I do not know anything about the bike. He is on a forum call Proride.com Look in the MX for sale section.

Offline Liger
Amateur
View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

For Sale Alta MXR (Low Hours) *New Price*
« on: October 07, 2019, 06:09:33 PM »
Alta MXR, Low hours, great condition, with extras. 6500.00 PM for details
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 05:22:53 AM by Liger »