Handlebar bend

rayivers

That seems like a tall bar by the numbers but they feel a little low

Those specs are outer-edge-to-outer edge, so subtract 25mm for ctr-ctr.

The OEM bars are definitely too low for me. I just put on a set of Magura TX bars (higher/ more pullback/a bit narrower than OEM). They feel great in the garage, looking forward to the first ride.

Scooter584

I've got YZ's also. They both come with pro taper YZ bend and I actually like that bend, probably try that.
Might opt for a different one all together. Anyone else have bars they prefer?

rayivers

Here's the Magura bars (OEM behind, near wall):

Magura TX Touring Bars (small).jpg

It took a bit of searching to find "medium" bars like these. Most of the ones I saw were either very similar to the stockers, or ATV-style longhorns like I have on my Zero.

rayivers

Thanks for that link - I have similar ones on one of my Hondas. For me it was more about pullback and moving the grips rearward than height. I've been looking around online for 45° bolt-on risers (SW Motech's Barbacks look pretty good, if they have ones that fit).

rayivers

so that you can sit more forward

The Alta front end feels a bit heavy to me as-is, so moving farther back would work better for me (I did this on my Zero using big bars / tilted risers / taller seat, it made a big difference in my comfort level and a lighter-feeling front end). I measured the MXR's weight distribution this morning: 49% front, 51% rear (all my other bikes are 44/56 to 46/54).

Player1

I can't find the Neken stock replacement. Nothing with R00182 shows up. Can anyone please tell me the closest bend offered by Neken. It appears to be the Suzuki bend? Help!!

Suzuki bend is 814 wide, 112 rise, 76 pull back.

Player1

Thanks... but those are different bars :( . Its the right number but those K-Bars are the ones with two parts, i.e. not smooth all the way across. I just don't get it.

wildman240

Thanks... but those are different bars :( . Its the right number but those K-Bars are the ones with two parts, i.e. not smooth all the way across. I just don't get it.
Strange. My MX has tapered bars, so I guess I'm not sure what you mean by "two parts". The center part (where it clamps to the triples) is larger diameter than the grip portions. And the length, height, and sweep all match the spec.

Player1

The K bars have the appearance of two different diameter bars joined together with a rubber seal joining them. Like Renthal Twinwalls. The stock bars have a smooth, uninterrupted taper.