Handguards - HCM work or not? -- 7/8" or 1 1/8th?

TeslaRaptor

Hi Folks....while I (not) patiently wait for my MXRs to get here.....I have a pretty simple question. I checked the Alta MXR manual, and searched on the forum, but have not been able to locate an answer to my question.

I plan to order the Cycra Pro Bend Handguards.
PRO BEND ULTRA W/HCM CLAMP 1 1/8TH

Does anyone know if the Cycra Pro Bend Ultra with the "HCM" (handlebar clamp mounts") will work with a MXR 2018.

Also, can someone confirm the stock MXR 2018 bars are 1 1/8" (and not the 7/8").

Thanks in advance!

snydes

Staff member
They are 1 1/8 bars. I believe the mounts you are referring to will be a problem due to the display mounting location on the MX bikes.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I use Acerbis Rally Pro hand guards. They fit with no prob and also work with the left hand rear brake. They have been really sturdy so far, especially on my son’s bike, which he has dropped a few times.

F451

If the bar mounts interfere with the speedo, just order the standard bar mounts, they fit no problem, have them on my MXR. You may need to do some bending/adjusting to get the bark busters to fit properly. Common to all bark busters, not just the Cycra Pro Bends.

I've run Cycra Pro Bends for years on all my bikes, my favorites. Solid, don't spin on the bars.