Group buy of Alta display boards

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Update:
Waiting for a harness to program boards (should be arriving tomorrow).

Group 1 (list below) will be going out this week hopefully with no issues in programming.
Mikec265
Dgedition
Snydes
OneLapper
C5tor
JohnnyBo
GummyBear22 (x2)
SRL
schwankl
Miles Prower

Once completed, Group 2 is next
leeo45
evh1
rayrivers
btreid23
bigAL
HGP

kmckinne32

Any chance I can still get in on this? If not, would anyone be willing to part ways with one? I broke mine last weekend so am desperately trying to find one!!!

Bswanson

A few of us would like to order spare display boards while we still have a willing and able source for them. The vendor allegedly has right around 50 boards available, any future production is NOT guaranteed. The larger the order the better chance we can negotiate a price break. SO... how many of our members are interested in putting their name in the hat for one? Best case is we can get enough interest to buy up the remaining inventory, although not confirmed, that may put us under $300 a piece.

Buying these boards one at a time is not effective, here was the previous quantity breakdown;

10 pcs. or less - full price as was listed in resources
$25 break at 20 pcs. (per board)
$50 break at 30 pcs.
$75 break at 40 pcs.
$115 break at 50 pcs.

Also note while these boards are programmed, they will still require someone to solder the harness to the board once it passes through the old display housing.

Again, once these remaining boards are gone, that might be our last chance.
I'll take 2

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Group 2 shipped out today. Along with Motophyllic. Tracking is available.

philmor
leeo45
evh1 x2
rayrivers
btreid23
bigAL
HGP
kmckinnie32
allesad
Silent But Dirty

kmckinne32

I've been talking to my local shop about installing the new display board. They said they would do it, but that they don't have the computer to sync the bike anymore (if need be). Do you know if this will be necessary or can you just put the new screen in and be good to go? Thanks!

I'm also not sure if I can do it myself or not, so any advice on this would be appreciated as well.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
I've been talking to my local shop about installing the new display board. They said they would do it, but that they don't have the computer to sync the bike anymore (if need be). Do you know if this will be necessary or can you just put the new screen in and be good to go? Thanks!

I'm also not sure if I can do it myself or not, so any advice on this would be appreciated as well.

You do not need to sync the bike/FW update the vehicle. All you need to do is open up the display case (be careful its slightly expoxied up). Then pry on the board as it was glued to the case. Once free you can desolder the 4 pins which are wired to the display.

12V - Red
GND - Black
Can_LO - White
Can_High - Green

Once done then resolder and put the display back together.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
You do not need to sync the bike/FW update the vehicle. All you need to do is open up the display case (be careful its slightly expoxied up). Then pry on the board as it was glued to the case. Once free you can desolder the 4 pins which are wired to the display.

12V - Red
GND - Black
Can_LO - White
Can_High - Green

Once done then resolder and put the display back together.

Nice @Rashid510. Maybe if someone has time, they can record a video of the process for reference on AOF.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Update. Ill be out of the US for a week, have two orders going out tomorrow morning and will be re-operational after labor day.

Nice @Rashid510. Maybe if someone has time, they can record a video of the process for reference on AOF.

Could be doable. Have to break out the head strap for the gopro or do what all Motovloggers do with there helmets....