Group buy of Alta display boards

snydes

Staff member
Admin edit: Order the display boards here.

A few of us would like to order spare display boards while we still have a willing and able source for them. The vendor allegedly has right around 50 boards available, any future production is NOT guaranteed. The larger the order the better chance we can negotiate a price break. SO... how many of our members are interested in putting their name in the hat for one? Best case is we can get enough interest to buy up the remaining inventory, although not confirmed, that may put us under $300 a piece.

Buying these boards one at a time is not effective, here was the previous quantity breakdown;

10 pcs. or less - full price as was listed in resources
$25 break at 20 pcs. (per board)
$50 break at 30 pcs.
$75 break at 40 pcs.
$115 break at 50 pcs.

Also note while these boards are programmed, they will still require someone to solder the harness to the board once it passes through the old display housing.

Again, once these remaining boards are gone, that might be our last chance.

snydes

Staff member
Put me down for at least one complete assembly, plug and play, as they say.

Just to be clear for everyone’s benefit, there are no complete assemblies. At this time we have not been able to source the housing as far as I am aware.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
If the current @Rashid510 option of sending a broken display off to have it repaired/replaced, reprogrammed, and returned is available I would definitely choose that path even if I have a spare in my own parts bin.

AOF Store: New display in old case, assembled

However, if a group buy is organized put me down for one.

For me it has nothing to do with a discount. I simply don’t want to end up with all of them sold and have a disabled Redshift in the garage. A group purchase by owners of healthy bikes would seem to increase the risk that all of them are already sold should I ever crash one of my current displays, so I'll ante up and buy a spare.

snydes

Staff member
The repair and replace option is based on the boards the vendor in question has in stock, and would be contingent on Rashid510 offering the service in the long term.

Griffinstan123

A few of us would like to order spare display boards while we still have a willing and able source for them. The vendor allegedly has right around 50 boards available, any future production is NOT guaranteed. The larger the order the better chance we can negotiate a price break. SO... how many of our members are interested in putting their name in the hat for one? Best case is we can get enough interest to buy up the remaining inventory, although not confirmed, that may put us under $300 a piece.

Buying these boards one at a time is not effective, here was the previous quantity breakdown;

10 pcs. or less - full price as was listed in resources
$25 break at 20 pcs. (per board)
$50 break at 30 pcs.
$75 break at 40 pcs.
$115 break at 50 pcs.

Also note while these boards are programmed, they will still require someone to solder the harness to the board once it passes through the old display housing.

Again, once these remaining boards are gone, that might be our last chance.

I desperately need one of these I shattered mine and it will not work I will buy one at any price just get me on the list