Golden motors

VINSANITY

I tried contacting golden motors several times to get price and other information on the GMX but they never responded

Butch

Poseur
Wow. Some think what the bike looks like is important. Perhaps styling matters.
Altas do look... good. Other bikes, not so much. Perhaps that is important.

Johnny Depp

It is 10 kW, or 30 kW, or 40 hp?
Is the battery 4.3 kWh or 6 kWh?
Is she about to coil bind that spring? 👧 👢

View attachment 10054
I got some info, they are still developing the bike, hoping for Sept. production. The concept is a little odd to me, the chassis is being built as a platform that would readily accept different Modded motors, batteries and controller's from the aftermarket to be swapped in to it. The designer is very involved with a FB group Electric Motorcycle Builds that has lots of content from all over the world. The rear suspension is the one spot I also focused on as hmm. The bike is heavy, but they may offer it with less battery for cost and weight. It should come in roughly half the price of a Stark, and isn't so much intended for moto as play, trails etc. They are also working on a motor that eliminated gear reduction to also eliminate the giant sprocket. It's a work in progress that is already a few years involved. It doesn't seem like it's racer's building a race bike.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The concept is a little odd to me, the chassis is being built as a platform that would readily accept different Modded motors, batteries and controller's from the aftermarket to be swapped in to it. The designer is very involved with a FB group Electric Motorcycle Builds that has lots of content from all over the world.
A very strange business plan. It's a lot of money to pay for a bunch of unproven DIY parts. Buying a real dirt bike rolling chassis with a blown motor from eBay sounds to me like a more solid plan.

Johnny Depp

A very strange business plan. It's a lot of money to pay for a bunch of unproven DIY parts. Buying a real dirt bike rolling chassis with a blown motor from eBay sounds to me like a more solid plan.
Golden has been selling motors for a long time, so they likely see the market differently? They are now trying to provide rollers for a project base. It seems that the chassis may be made available without electrics also? There is a small cottage industry of builders who take rollers and convert them to e-bikes, all custom fabbed, so this seems like something designed to fit those needs? The suspension is Fast Ace, which is pretty good stuff.
IMO a lightweight (sub 200lb) race bike, with the ability to carry anywhere from 1-4 batteries, under 10 second battery swap and the ability to run on just 1 battery for a moto is going to be the target to hit.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps, being an MX guy who goes to race tracks and races occasionally, I do not fully understand the attraction of a custom DIY bike on an unknown origin. If I hit a big jump, I want to know that this has been done before, and that the bike will land without bottoming out and cracking the frame on the landing. Those who do not jump are not as concerned with the frame and the suspension.

The Australian Stealth Electric Bikes used to make rolling chassis too, in which you would stuff any battery, motor, fork, shock, and handlebar you want. But any decent integrated company that can put a complete package together would beat them every single time on the combination of cost, weight, and performance.

Johnny Depp

Perhaps, being an MX guy who goes to race tracks and races occasionally, I do not fully understand the attraction of a custom DIY bike on an unknown origin. If I hit a big jump, I want to know that this has been done before, and that the bike will land without bottoming out and cracking the frame on the landing. Those who do not jump are not as concerned with the frame and the suspension.

The Australian Stealth Electric Bikes used to make rolling chassis too, in which you would stuff any battery, motor, fork, shock, and handlebar you want. But any decent integrated company that can put a complete package together would beat them every single time on the combination of cost, weight, and performance.
Yeh, the bike has a way to go. The headstock is questionable, the lack of plastic protecting the shock is a flaw.

mrdni6

It’s hard to improve on the basic joy of riding a bike: wind in your hair, freedom of the road, and the satisfaction of human-powered movement. If you want to put your bike to work hauling cargo or commuting to the office, you will need some bike accessories to make those journeys comfortable and fun. From the pedals you need while riding, to dirt bike accessories that enhance your riding experience, such as cup holders, gloves and more. Lucky for you, the vast majority of bicycles are highly and easily customizable, and there are a large number of electric bike accessories and bike accessories to choose from on our website. Practically all of these accessories will work for non-electric bikes and most electric bikes, too.