Getting the Husky E5

Mikec265

Put a deposit down on the Husky E5 today.
They are $100 more than the KTM, but we can get another battery at cost. I'm having a hard time stomaching $5150 for a kids bike, but hopefully I can run all 3 of my kids on it in the next few years and my nephew. Having 2 tracks at home and a 3rd next door it should get a lot of hours on it. Hopefully it's as reliable as my Alta has been, and makes up for the cost with the lack of maintenance, oil, gas and personal labor time.

PS: Don't any of you tell my wife yet.....

snydes

Staff member
I was wondering what the $$ was going to be on these. I'll be anxious to hear your ride report on it!

Mikec265

Hoping to have it by Christmas. Most dealers are not selling them. I think KTM dealers are allowed 2 bikes, while Husky dealers are allowed only one. There may be an exception for the largest dealers. Anyhow, expect to pay retail from what I've heard. The Husky costs $100 more than the KTM, but the dealer is going to help us out on an extra battery to make up for the price difference. I chose not to wait for the Cobra because of the adjustable ergonomics of the KTHusky.

Mikec265

Picked up my kids Christmas present today.
2020 Husky EE 5. I'll take pictures tomorrow when he's in school. Any questions ask away. $5400 out the door. If it's as reliable as my Alta, we will be very happy. Looking forward to just adjusting/lubing chains and checking air pressures. 110 volts from the wall at home instead of 110 octane from the next town over. No more air filters! And my wife didn't kill me!

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing the pictures and getting the reviews from you and from your kiddo. Should be a great Christmas.

And congrats on not being buried out back under the tabletop after your wife found out ! :)

F451

Picked up my kids Christmas present today.
2020 Husky EE 5. I'll take pictures tomorrow when he's in school. Any questions ask away. $5400 out the door. If it's as reliable as my Alta, we will be very happy. Looking forward to just adjusting/lubing chains and checking air pressures. 110 volts from the wall at home instead of 110 octane from the next town over. No more air filters! And my wife didn't kill me!

I AM SO JEALOUS of your kid, Lol. No seriously, that is awesome. I think you guys are going to love it. And ok, I really am jealous.

Mikec265

It's funny you guys say that. We were talking about starting him a YouTube channel. The biggest hurdle is we can't get internet at home except on our phones. No fast internet is available to us.

Mikec265

I AM SO JEALOUS of your kid, Lol. No seriously, that is awesome. I think you guys are going to love it. And ok, I really am jealous.
I'm jealous of my kid! At his age I had a bicycle from my uncle's junk yard!
He got a bike like that, a lowered KX65 with a Rekluse, 2 tracks at home, and a 3rd track next door. Should be a 4th track with big hills at our friends farm next year too.
I really like helping kids learn to ride.

F451

Last spring at an organized trail ride I was watching a couple of little guys, they must have been 4 or 5, zipping around on their e-dirt bikes in the grassy parking area. They were LOVING it. Their parents were LOVING it. I was LOVING it. Lol.

So simple, just turn it on and they were off, getting whiplash from their giant helmets on their giant kid melons, every time they "gassed" it. Hysterical.

F451

He got a bike like that, a lowered KX65 with a Rekluse, 2 tracks at home, and a 3rd track next door. Should be a 4th track with big hills at our friends farm next year to.

Good job Dad! That is awesome.

Same here for me, 2nd hand bike for me as my first bicycle. My brothers saved up for a mini bike, we wore a track around our suburban house till we wore that thing out. Poor neighbors.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
He got a bike like that, a lowered KX65 with a Rekluse, 2 tracks at home, and a 3rd track next door. Should be a 4th track with big hills at our friends farm next year to.
I am available for adoption. Just give me a place to sleep, a couple square meals now an then, and a couple electric bikes.

Mikec265

I am available for adoption. Just give me a place to sleep, a couple square meals now an then, and a couple electric bikes.
I have heat in an office in the garage. Rent would be cheap. No freebies until I have some business meetings. Trucking is in the shitter right now. Otherwise I would have an extra battery for it and an Alta laptop. I would give someone free room and board to fix dirt bikes and semi trucks/trailers.

F451

Interesting video featuring KTM's latest e-minibikes.

Adjustable power + adjustable seat/subrame = game changer.

Parents are going to be loving these things, they can keep one bike much longer then a standard ICE minibike, might not have to purchase as many bikes as the kid grows. Not to mention the reduced maintenance.

And the kid rated it a 10/10, right out of the box, no mods. Sweet.

I'm jealous, Lol.

F451

These mini e-dirt bikes from Husky and KTM bode well for us full sized riders. I think they're going to sell like hot cakes. Hopefully it will help convince them it is worth it to invest in developing an Alta comparable dirt bike, besides helping with the R&D of course. I can't wait, I'm not getting any younger so I hope I don't miss out, not sure how many more years of riding I have in me, dang it, Lol.