Getting rid of regen if possible

enjoythesilenc

I think i would be better off without regen completely. Since I did a firmware update on my MX I am noticing the regen much more for some reason. Regen in all maps is very pronounced from say 10 mph down to zero, which is where I do much of my riding, apparently. I think I would get less arm pump and better range out of the battery if I had zero regen.

The arm pump comes from having to hold the throttle in a precise location to maintain a sort of "coasting" equivalent. I stand on the pegs all the time so regen effects on holding body position on the bike is pronounced.

If I could flow more freely on the trail, i think the range might increase, too. In an extreme illustration, I think if you were sitting atop Pikes Peak with a dead battery, you would make it much further towards the bottom on a bike with zero regen.

Aside from any suggestions about the firmware, gearing or my riding style, I'm thinking of going down this road:
A freewheel clutch for the Quantya electric motorcycle - increases mileage up to 30% (this isnt you, wwmotors)?

rayivers

+1. Sprockets made a big difference on my bike - the 11/60T combination was like an auto-brake, had to take them off. You could try a 15T & see if it helps. I'm using 12/48T now with map 4, seems like an OK balance between acceleration and reduced regen. I might try a 13T in the future though.

On my other-brand bike I was able to reduce regen to 0% using the app, it was amazing - the rear suspension and brake worked so much better. I ended up using about 30% regen, which seemed close to a 250 2t.

VINSANITY

I have the exact same opinion.

My understanding is some AOF members are trying to crack the Alta programming to allow users to adjust parameters - not an easy thing to do as the source code was taken by the BRP purchase of Alta.

Reactions: #76

Mark911

Flash the older version onto the Inverter only and you'll get most of the benefits of the newer firmware only with the old inverter programming (which I think has the various lookup tables for regen braking).

wwmotors

I think i would be better off without regen completely. Since I did a firmware update on my MX I am noticing the regen much more for some reason. Regen in all maps is very pronounced from say 10 mph down to zero, which is where I do much of my riding, apparently. I think I would get less arm pump and better range out of the battery if I had zero regen.

The arm pump comes from having to hold the throttle in a precise location to maintain a sort of "coasting" equivalent. I stand on the pegs all the time so regen effects on holding body position on the bike is pronounced.

If I could flow more freely on the trail, i think the range might increase, too. In an extreme illustration, I think if you were sitting atop Pikes Peak with a dead battery, you would make it much further towards the bottom on a bike with zero regen.

Aside from any suggestions about the firmware, gearing or my riding style, I'm thinking of going down this road:
A freewheel clutch for the Quantya electric motorcycle - increases mileage up to 30% (this isnt you, wwmotors)?
No, this wasnt me! The Quantyas had no regen programmed! So the reduction of drag came only from stopping the motor while going downhill but not because of reducing regen!

Top Bottom