German PohlBock

F451

eBock. I like it. Sounds way better then Storm Bee!!! Or whatever its called, Lol. No seriously, that sounds very interesting. Looking forward to hearing more about it once they are in customers hands. Please keep us informed if you learn more.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I am digging the dual-battery setup and the charger, where you hang the batteries on the charger.

It seems to be a bit bigger than the Sur-Ron Light Bee, but smaller than the Storm Bee.

privateer703

AOF Addict
Do the Germans really not have a word for "pickup"?? They are known for mashing words to name things, but they didn't make a word for pickup?? Aufpflucken. That bike looks solid, spec wise it looks really close to the storm bee, except the torque. I bet it will hold up better.

DonCox

I emailed the company yesterday and they answered promptly that they are not selling in the US . No date or maybe later info. Their controller is very compact and light. But it looks like only about 400A 72V. The motor and controller look like a pretty good combo on a smaller bike. They claim 105kg or 231lbs for their bike. The motor and controller only weigh about 40lbs.
Hopefully they will start working with us.

Mark911

36v per pack in series sounds most likely. From my desk, there’s no silver bullet in 18650s (or any chemistry commercially available right now). You need to look closely at the spec sheet. Look for voltage sag numbers at the levels they’ll be running, probably 25-35 (or more) amps per cell (18650). Then look at the temperature charts for same. Most 18650 cells won’t even have discharge curves over 20 amps. Then look at the real capacity at a reasonable (but higher than nominal) amp draw. Some cell mfg do a good job at showing only part of the story. 70A (for the 123 cells quoted) might be possible, but for how long? The Sony VTC6 data sheet shows 90As, for like 5 secs! At 30kw the German bike is probably pulling 30 amps/cell. Without any thermal management (cooling) system, active or passive (I can’t envision either the way the cells are packaged), those cells are gonna get hot fast. Same with the motor, although at least it has cooling fins.
It probably saves a bit of weight by having no rear brake (if you don’t mind that) and having the BMS system/unit built into the charge station (which I like but you can’t actively balance) but the integrated gear reduction probably makes that a wash.
I’m sure they’re not building controllers, so I’d be curious what brand they’re using.
I think the bike is cool, the packs look well sealed which is always a concern and a challenge. However, 30kw is not going to be an alta killer performance wise.

riverin

They use the silixcon sl controller and it is only 24.5kw. Someone who talked with silixcon said that the 36kw peak that thay claim is based on phase amp.

DonCox

Thanks for the info. I followed the links and found this data. The company is in the Czech Republic. I am not happy with my Kelly Controller. It doesn't put out the power it advertises. I am thinking of running 2 of these sized controllers, one on each stator in my ME 1302 motor. The plus's are, achieving the power I wanted to compete with the ALTA (a drag race with an ALTA and a KTM 350EXC on asphalt this weekend, I was third, KTM 2nd, and ALTA on top), and the reduction of about 7lbs. I would like to get 40KW . Not that I can use that much power, but it was the criteria I was shooting for. MODE 2, and 3 on the ALTA are my power needs.

Silixcon Data.jpg

Silixcon Pricing_a.jpg

Silixcon Pricing_b.jpg

wwmotors

I emailed the company yesterday and they answered promptly that they are not selling in the US . No date or maybe later info. Their controller is very compact and light. But it looks like only about 400A 72V. The motor and controller look like a pretty good combo on a smaller bike. They claim 105kg or 231lbs for their bike. The motor and controller only weigh about 40lbs.
I asked a few months ago, to become a Pohlbock dealer, but they refused. I planned, to show the bike every weekend on different tracks here in Germany, like I did with the ALTAs and sold 17 ALTAs in the meantime. Not bad for a one man show! I think, they are too small and producing too less bikes for a dealer system or even exporting bikes. On the other hand, I am not happy with the specs of the Pohlbock: Too less voltage, too high current, too less range. The only good thing is the chassis.

DonCox

I asked a few months ago, to become a Pohlbock dealer, but they refused. I planned, to show the bike every weekend on different tracks here in Germany, like I did with the ALTAs and sold 17 ALTAs in the meantime. Not bad for a one man show! I think, they are too small and producing too less bikes for a dealer system or even exporting bikes. On the other hand, I am not happy with the specs of the Pohlbock: Too less voltage, too high current, too less range. The only good thing is the chassis.
The frame looks like KTM frame. I can't see if it is a newer linkage frame or not. You are right about needing more power. Overall it looks very well engineered
Alta has sure set the bar high. Nobody has been able to replicate all of its features and have the power. I, like many others, wished one of the major bike manufacturers would come out with one.

PohlBock

I went to their website and clicked on ebock_1. This came up and I used google translator to translate the information. Impressive. 30KW from a 36 volt set up. I guess the phase wires are as big as dimes in diameter.

Across Germany, more and more motocross tracks are being closed due to environmental and noise issues. A new construction of conventional moto-cross tracks is practically almost impossible in Germany. With the electrically powered motocross motorcycle ebook, all editions are fulfilled without further ado and thus the construction of new and modern race tracks is made possible.

The eBock is an electrically powered motocross motorcycle, equipped with state-of-the-art high-end components of electrical and racing technology.

The patented 36V quick-change battery system in conjunction with the most efficient and high-performance synchronous motor, enables the permanent, with all the senses experienced moto-cross use in the performance range of a conventional 250cc engine (30kW).

Due to the completely dry, stepless, quiet and high-torque drive, the previous limits of the doable can be expanded.

Maintenance work such as oil, filter and piston changes are a thing of the past. The electric drive strand is 350 hours maintenance-free.

The rear wheel brake is a wear-free, pure recovery brake and can be operated with either the left hand or the right foot at the customer's request. Is braked with the foot, can be optionally electrically coupled in the left hand.

Up to 8 mappings can be selected via a mapping switch. Not only the performance development, but also the engine brake can be switched on or off at the desired strength.

The capacity of the battery is sufficient for a good amateur driver for 30 min moto-cross deployment. With the standard charger, the battery can be fully charged in 1 hour. Optionally, a fast charger can also be purchased, which allows the battery to be recharged to 100% in 30 minutes. The battery can be charged more than 1000 times without loss of capacity, even with the permanent use of the fast charger.

Its centric mass concentration gives the eBock a perfect focal point, allowing it to playfully control and move playfully, whether in the air or on the floor.

After driving, the eBock can be cleaned with the steam emitter as usual. Water as a match is also no problem during the ride.

All components from the most diverse technical disciplines are matched to an incomparable interplay and can be customized.

At the latest after the first ride, it's clear what the eBock looks like and what it was made for; to be able to experience motocross with all the senses.

"It's time to rethink its usual perceptions and expand its own boundaries through the now-useful benefits."

View attachment 5652
Hi Guys :)
We're considerably late, but our Website is now availble in English! www.pohlbock.com
Feel free to reach out to us via info@pohlbock.de if you should have questions regarding our bike! :)

PohlBock

Soooo... my math tells me to get 30KW from a 36volt system, DC amps have to be around 833amps. :eek: Its approximate. I am guessing if its 36 volt system using 18650 cells, probably looking at 10S 40P or maybe even 50P, if the pack is as big as the Alta. who knows. I can't find any other info on it.

We've put all technical details on the website :) www.pohlbock.com now also available in English!

PohlBock

It's a 72v system. Check out the image from the front page:

View attachment 5654

The image next to this one on that page also shows a 48v version that is limited to 20kW.

Also, it does not appear that they are selling a bike or battery, just "drive-train components" and tires.

If anyone wants to know more, I'm fluent in German and would be happy to breakdown any of the details. I was reading the site initally and didn't stop to consider that I might need to translate... opps!

That's a great explanation! :) In the meantime, the Bike itself (eBock) batteries and everything you need can be bought directly at our shop: Shop - Pohlbock

Feel free to reach out to info@pohlbock.com :)

PohlBock

Until they can show they’re in a semi “production” mode with more than one or two prototypes, I’d say it’s still a “one off”.

Hi Mark! :) We can assure you, our production is up and running! Of course, we're still small and build every bike on a case-by-case basis, but until now we have happy customers in Germany, Italy, France, Switzerland, Ireland and the UK :) www.pohlbock.com

PohlBock

Do the Germans really not have a word for "pickup"?? They are known for mashing words to name things, but they didn't make a word for pickup?? Aufpflucken. That bike looks solid, spec wise it looks really close to the storm bee, except the torque. I bet it will hold up better.

We would bet the same ;-)

PohlBock

Hi wwmotors :) You're right, our numbers are (at the moment) still too low for a full-blown dealer system. However, as demand (and supply) increases we would be happy to have enthusiasts like you on board as soon as it makes sense!

Please reach out to us again via info@pohlbock.com - I am sure we can find a way for you to take our bike with you to different race tracks! :)

PohlBock

Th

That's right. Unfortunately, it's not possible to sell to the US/Canada at the moment as the marks and certifications we would legally need to do so are a big hurdle.
However, we are working on this and you can be assured that we WANT to bring the bike to the US and Canada as soon as possible! :)