Gauging Interest East Coast All Electric MX Race

Matt

E-Rider
I am currently in the process of talking with a local (Rochester NY) Mx track about having an all-electric MX race during the 2020 season. They have put me in touch with some of the Empire State MX directors. How many riders would be interested in coming out to NY to participate in an all-electric MX race or possible a 2-3 part race series? It seems like it may be easier to do a single race and hold a North East Alta rally the same weekend. I am interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

Thanks
-Matt

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Pencil me in for at least one of those events. It's a 7-hour drive for me, or a 6-hour drive through Canada, but I've driven to Western NY twice last year and both times were awesome! Thank you, Matt.

snydes

Staff member
Probably the single race/NE Alta rally would be the most practical unless there was enough guys committed to multiple trips. I'd be interested in at least one for fun.

snydes

Staff member
On a side note my private track near Erie PA is done and open for any Altas to ride for free. I may need help watering, but that's it.

Very nice! I'd definitely like to do this as well. Maybe with enough interest we could have a group of our east coasters organize to jump around to a few spots next season. I also have a facility in mind in the south west Pennsylvania area that the owners would be very accommodating to a group if there was interest. Matt's property was a winner and is definitely deserving of subsequent visits if he's up to it. Lots of options for 2020, all that is needed is participants.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Well not in for a race, but I'm definitely interested in meeting up for some rides.

It would be a loooong drive for me, but I am keeping an eye on this thread in case I can make the trip for a rally. I don't have any business riding on a MX track unless you simply need paying riders to fill out the field and slow moving obstacles to pass. :muutt: