Forks EXR vs MXR, what’s the difference?

autohog

2 questions. First, what’s the difference between the front forks on the EXR vs MXR? And second, is that what makes up most of the difference in weight?
I just can’t see where the 14lb advertised weight difference is according to the specs. Thanks

snydes

Staff member
The EXR's fork is a spring fork, the MXR is air, so you have the weight of the springs, kickstand, lights, wiring and brackets.

mgkreft

EXR's come with WP Xplor48 forks - Coil spring, open-cartridge, with split damping duties (Compression on left leg and Rebound on Right leg) Fork is better suited for offroad
MXR come with WP AER48 forks - Air spring, closed-cartridge, with split duties (Spring on left leg and All Damping on Right leg) Fork is better suited for MX and aggressive offroad

Larry Wolfe

EXR's come with WP Xplor48 forks - Coil spring, open-cartridge, with split damping duties (Compression on left leg and Rebound on Right leg) Fork is better suited for offroad
MXR come with WP AER48 forks - Air spring, closed-cartridge, with split duties (Spring on left leg and All Damping on Right leg) Fork is better suited for MX and aggressive offroad
Anyone switched forks? My ex is TOO soft for my riding. What about the rear shock difference?