Foot pegs for 2018 Alta SM

2018SM-R

Hi, trying to find a set that is colored and wide with no need for an adapter/or mod to fit my bike. The fastway ones aren’t available from them anymore. Thx.

2018SM-R

So an aftermarket set made for our 17 SM’s will work on 18 SM’s? Will any aftermarket KTM pegs work on our bikes that are SM’s?

snydes

Staff member
All production SM’s were 2018’s. The only production 2017 Altas were MX models. There are no aftermarket pegs made for Altas. There is I believe is a Yamaha peg that is very close. Info on that can be found by searching the forum. If someone says a certain peg works on their MX/EX/etc, than it will also work on an SM.

2018SM-R

Found foot pegs that fit. Got left side on and trying to do the right side. The peg will not clear the foot brake even if I gently bend it outward away. I would rather not remove the foot brake to do this. Any suggestions? Nothing I saw in the manual references this issue. Thx.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Found foot pegs that fit. Got left side on and trying to do the right side. The peg will not clear the foot brake even if I gently bend it outward away. I would rather not remove the foot brake to do this. Any suggestions? Nothing I saw in the manual references this issue. Thx.

If you do not want to remove the foot brake, you can remove the x2 bolts which hold the bootguard and that holds the brake assembly. But looking at the picture, how does the right foot peg not clear?

1628087041535.png

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
If I am interpreting the question correctly, you are trying to remove the pivot pin holding in the peg, and the pin will only slide 80% of the way out before hitting the bottom of the rear brake lever?

I think @Rashid510 advice above is correct. If you remove the two bolts he highlighted in yellow, you can swing the rear brake lever out of the way without completely disconnecting it.

I didn't even think about this issue since I swapped out the rear brake lever for a left-hand rear brake on the bars. So it wasn't an issue when I swapped my pegs, since no brake lever in the way.