First Race On My Alta!

JW884

Went to Winchester SpeedPark for a double header this wekeend RD7 and RD8. I'm in the championship so I really didn't wanna miss out on any points if I had any bike issues or if I was slower on the bike but took the risk and it was awesome! Ran it in 3 practices (2 from me and 1 from a friend) and 4 motos over the two days. Ran it in map 4 in one moto and actually preferred map 3 since I'm used to a 250f and more ringing a bike out. Only had one moto with the temp warning because it ran two practices and didn't have time to charge and cool before the first moto. I have to get one of the misting fans to help that but oh well. Also just couldn't get all 4 motos a day out of it even with charging on 240v (with a standard charger). Also ran it with STOCK 4CS which was brutal:ROFLMAO: bottoming everywhere but somehow still ran the same 2:06 laptimes on both bikes! Can't wait to set up the suspension and horn for some more racing haha The GoPro videos will be up sometime this week.
Day 1
450 B (CRF250): 17-21 for 19th OA
Open B (Alta): 11-9 for 8th OA
Day 2
450 B (Alta): 18-16 for 17th OA
Open B (CRF250): 14-10 for 10th OA
http://instagr.am/p/CE5kjTkFfyi/

The Swede

Cool!
BTW Looks smart to place the display unit behind the handlebar insted of on top of it! Can you share some close up pics of it. And give some tips how you did that? Now that I saw this, I am sure my next crash will be right in the display, unless I move it...😆

JW884

Cool!
BTW Looks smart to place the display unit behind the handlebar insted of on top of it! Can you share some close up pics of it. And give some tips how you did that? Now that I saw this, I am sure my next crash will be right in the display, unless I move it...😆
Yeah I used the Alta Vault and I like to run 7/8" bars so that way I can run my normal crossbar & pad (waiting on the clamps at the moment). Although I had to add 2 lock washers between the bar clamp and the vault mounting tabs, or else it won't fully tighten and rattle around. And you're way looks like it'd work good for a substitute bar pad for casing a jump. I know I'll end up crashing and putting the display in jeopardy unless I moved it haha.

Top Bottom