First official Alta couple?

zootie

More confident coming off the track & able to put my foot down without falling over! MotoLab was super. Now a question: I want to change the grips & wonder if there are any tips regarding the throttle I need to know....don't want to mess that up

snydes

Staff member
More confident coming off the track & able to put my foot down without falling over! MotoLab was super. Now a question: I want to change the grips & wonder if there are any tips regarding the throttle I need to know....don't want to mess that up

Nothing special. Just carefully cut off old ones. They didn’t glue the bejeezus out of them like some bikes I’ve seen.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I'm short also...my husband shaved the seat a bit, but still can hardly reach the ground. Anyone know how to lower the suspension? I have to grab a fence when I roll off the track otherwise I fall over!

Sounds like a job for short people MX boots. Also good for goth parties and dancing.
1562091070857.jpg

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Just got done lowering my wife’s suspension. Shaved seat plus 2” lowered suspension. She can almost touch tippy toes both feet now! Lots of shops can perform this job for you, I can direct you to some that I know of. The shock can be lowered with traditional travel limiting spacers but the forks will need a part permanently modified, but that part is replaceable at around $150 if you ever needed to return it to stock height.

What does the bike look like now that it is lowered? How much were you able to shave the seat by?

snydes

Staff member
Seat concepts offers a cover/foam combo that is I think was advertised as a 1" drop, in reality I'd say it was closer to 1.5", which worked out well. I must say this is a very comfy setup for a taller rider as well depending on your usage. This is the best picture I have at the moment showing the bikes current ride height.9EACB51E-3665-4A3C-9915-BC678B9AF197.jpeg

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Seat concepts offers a cover/foam combo that is I think was advertised as a 1" drop, in reality I'd say it was closer to 1.5", which worked out well. I must say this is a very comfy setup for a taller rider as well depending on your usage. This is the best picture I have at the moment showing the bikes current ride height.View attachment 4816
Cool. I like the graphic kit too.