Few observations from today's ride

Oded

Few observations from today's ride -
Rode on a very technical rocky terrain, faster and harder than usual. Used mostly map 3 (usually map 2 is sufficient) and loved the extra oomph on rocky climbs. Motor braking helped with descends. The motor braking is very strong in map 4 and quite strong in map 3. Almost unnoticable in maps 1 & 2 (how is it on the MXR ?).
Rode for 15.5 km and used about 30% of the battery.
Bike handled great. Also, dialed in a little more compression, and the bike tail felt more planted.
The Pirelli MT43 tires love tocks, and helped avoid misshaps.

Screenshot_20180420-170302.png

snydes

Staff member
Nice. I think off the top of my head map 1 has a high level of regen on the MXR. I personally love the higher levels of regenerative braking, I think with some time it will prove to give you more control of overall speed with just throttle control.

Oded

Nice. I think off the top of my head map 1 has a high level of regen on the MXR. I personally love the higher levels of regenerative braking, I think with some time it will prove to give you more control of overall speed with just throttle control.

The problem with strong regen is that it disturb the flowy nature of trail riding. But, perhaps I really do need to get more used to it

snydes

Staff member
I agree it doesn’t allow you to just let off and coast freely, and I can see that being somewhat detracting from a nice flowing trail ride. My observations so far are based on a track situation where now I can feather off the power to where the regen starts to take over and in many situations scrub off enough speed that I don’t have to apply any rear brake. The regen would be great if it could be adjusted to anyone’s preference like we had discussed previously.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I prefer more regen braking as well, both trail riding and MX.

On the MX Maps 1 and 2 have the most of regen braking, Maps 3 and 4 have the least. I think it is the same on the MXR.

Oded

I wish there were other Redshifts around here to test (Israel). Really curious about the different maps, suspension and such.

Oded

Currently, there are 2 Alta Redhifts (both EX) in Israel. You already know the owner of 50% of them 😀

There should be more, but I doubt the MX and MXR will get here, because they are not road legal, and allowed to ride in closed courses only. Israel is an Enduro paradise, so it will be a major limitation fot the MX and MXR riders.