Fasteners/bolts?

Jon

Does anyone (perhaps part of the ex-faster faster team) know where to get fasteners that match the OEM Hex/Torx combo head and exterior finish?

I was dumb and didn't double check my pinch bolt torque after a wheel swap and now my front fork is mismatched and sad.

privateer703

AOF Addict
I was watching Tyler Monagan's you tube videos where he customized his Alta, he said that he got a complete bolt kit from specbolt.com, however they don't list the Alta. I bet if you call they'll have what you need.

F451

Alta suspension is standard WP/KTM, the bolts should not be difficult to source. I'm not sure exactly which years would be a match, perhaps someone on here knows for sure.

What's the problem with the bolts?

What does "front fork is mismatched" mean?

Jon

Alta suspension is standard WP/KTM, the bolts should not be difficult to source. I'm not sure exactly which years would be a match, perhaps someone on here knows for sure.

What's the problem with the bolts?

What does "front fork is mismatched" mean?

By mismatched, I mean that I had an axle pinch bolt vibrate out during a ride, but the replacement bolt I'm using has a different head/finish. So there are 3 of the same bolt in a row, and 1 on the end that looks different.

I'll see about getting some KTM bolts thought. Hopefully they look the part!

snydes

Staff member
X2 on the Bolt motorcycle hardware. They make different kits and I spotted one at my local shop for a Husqvarna and it had almost all the same type of fasteners as my Alta.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Bringing this thread back up...I was putting together a hardware kit and realized...let me reach out to the Bolt fastener guys and see what they could offer...and they offered a decent list of Euro hardware. Missing from the list are the bolts for the SM caliper and the handlebar mounting bolts (handlebar to upper triple)

Wanted to see if there was an interest in getting the kit together.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I finally lost a bolt today myself. Didn’t notice it until I was washing the bike. Lost the main kickstand pivot bolt. Fortunately, I have a couple more handy. That one is hard to tighten down, and wants to rotate out when the kickstand gets moved to the up position. Added a little loctite. We will see if that holds the pesky little bastard.

1593381622192.jpg
1593381656760.jpg