Failing clips

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
The TPA (terminal position assurance) might be skewed inside the male connector (its blue) and that might not be providing a secure connection. Also how many times has that connector been disconnected? There is a cycle rating on those connectors, but I myself have disconnected the harness on my bikes with no loose issues. Clean out the contacts with some electrical contact cleaner.

I wouldn't hardwire those connectors. Getting replacement harnesses are easy to get from the liquidator.

Are they being disconnected for a reason?

enjoythesilenc

I have read about problems on other bikes when the ground wire to the throttle gets disconnected, the controller thinks its WOT. Is this nasty scenario possible on our bikes?

DonCox

My electric KTM (home built) has a Maguira throttle and Kelly controller. I had been working on it, and the throttle connection was left open. I turned the bike on while standing along side it and nothing for a few seconds, and it then accelerated with me holding the handlebars. it spun around and wiped out one of my wife's favorite flower pots... I got it turned off since it was on the ground now, but was I in a world of shit... That connection is now a latching waterproof connector. Obviously my ENG and QA didn't test that...