EXR Battery Control Unit (BCU) Question

VINSANITY

Liquid Performance has battery control units (COATED 2103779-02) for sale on e-bay.

Does anyone know if this will work on a 2019 EXR

6C42046D-7D44-44F1-90B6-D4F3C391A951.png

123BE7C2-3EBF-40A1-BCCD-26080BD920CD.png

6D1359F4-36F4-475B-8872-42A5EB738A1E.png

5FD33B3D-9407-4A4D-99E0-2AD2C8498989.png

Mark911

Thanks Mark

Can you purchase the contractors somewhere and how are they installed.

Yes, they're commercially available. I know the A pack part number but not the R pack, sorry. However, search the site as I'm pretty sure someone posted the part number somewhere.

VINSANITY

@VINSANITY did your BCU go out or just preparing for worst?
A couple of times after charging everything went dead when turning the key on. It cleared itself after sitting for a while. I have checked the cells either computer and they seem OK.

I think the BCU and or contractors may have a problem.

snydes

Staff member
Contactors are not going to be easy to remove from the lid. From the looks of it the contactors were first installed on the BCU, and then the cavity that they nest in must have had a predetermined amount of some epoxy product applied, then the BCU/contactor assembly must have been set in and allowed to cure. Going to take some careful work to remove so as to not damage the lid itself.4EE64643-566F-4DE6-A6E5-07619D0DDBDB.jpeg

VINSANITY

Thanks for responding - looks like a pretty tricky job

I bought the BCU off eBay and got a price on the contractors from gigavac

I thought I would get the parts and keep using the bike as it seems to be working fine right now

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Thanks for responding - looks like a pretty tricky job

I bought the BCU off eBay and got a price on the contractors from gigavac

I thought I would get the parts and keep using the bike as it seems to be working fine right now

Double check with Gigavac. They were not able (or willing) to match the exact part number when I emailed them for a quote. I gave them the part numbers @Oded supplied, they returned a different part number, I asked for verification that the part was identical, then no reply.