EXR #202 stolen in Utah

gargantuar

hi all, i loved my 2019 EXR but found that the bike and the trailer it was in (along with a few 4-wheelers and my riding gear) were all gone from my work parking lot this morning here in SLC Utah. I figured that, because this the best forum for anybody with this bike could visit, that anybody here that notices a suspicious EXR for sale might inquire about the VIN. i had her all registered and licensed but hadn't had the time to put too many miles on it yet. it was entirely stock except for the cool metal lcd screen protector i had just put on from keith parts (great part, by the way!).

thanks for anyone that sees anything out of the ordinary and can help my find my ride.

i attached a pic from one of my few rides a week ago2019-11-12.jpg

snydes

Staff member
@Philip , we should probably sticky this.

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully the scumbags are caught. These bikes are few, and our members have feelers out everywhere for them, so if anything odd comes up I'm sure we will catch wind of it.

Trialsman

He also has an AltaVault installed and not everyone has them so that makes it even more unusual and easy to spot. Please give the last four digits of the VIN so it could be confirmed if found.

Mikec265

Try notifying anyone selling chargers on eBay to see if they can help. I'd rather someone steal my 500 conversion, than take my Alta.

gargantuar

wow!! you guys are awesome! what a great community! they got my 6x12 Look trailer and all its contents:

Trailer VIN:
53BLTEA16JT017640

contents of trailer:
1993 Yamaha Breeze 4-wheeler/JY43FAA03PA058381
Honda TRX650FA3 4-wheeler/478TE280X3A024828
2019 Alta EXR/56PARAFM2KB000202

fortunately my wife and kid and i had just gone and ridden all the stuff a few days earlier so at least one final bit of fun. hopefully the theives don't figure out coming to this forum too soon...

Motophyllic

In Salt Lake City, somebody must have a camera pointing at the road leading to or from your parking lot. You’ll get to see the vehicle that’s pulling your trailer.

gargantuar

agreed. also have police fingerprinting some stuff. we are still getting our camera footage and footage from neighbor cameras so if we get a time, maybe we can look for trailer on run in that window.
Pb/12" = lead foot. i like it and trialsman would probably like that too (science guys)

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Not many look close enough to catch the lead foot from my avatar, with that attention to detail, you are likely to find the clues you need to find your stuff.

gargantuar

a lot of smart people on this thread! love the chemistry joke. majored in chem then phd in biochem and that is the first time i heard the alcohol/solution joke.

yes. like a fool, i left the key in the bike to help the thief/thieves get a head start.

great idea: i attached 2 recent photos. nearly entirely stock exr except for the awesome vault on lcd screen

2019-11-12 (1).jpg

2019-07-03.jpg

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Should we start a new forum section? Lost and Found? Fortunately less than a 1000 of these beauties, so not too many should pop up used. Or watch for a bunch of EXR parts on eBay.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
If raw parts are sold on Ebay, it aint too hard to look them up. If the ACM shows up, if its plugged into it will pull up the VIN.

(I had a Specialized Hardrock stolen out of my backyard years ago. Found the perp on CL and got him busted along with a ton of other bikes). Of the rarest bikes, these are the toughest.