EX In Desert South Of Boise

bluefxstc

Tire is a Shinko Golden Boy Trail Tire SR244. I only have a couple of hundred miles on it, but it seems to work pretty well. It is what the dealer recommended when I picked up the bike. Not too rough on the pavement with pretty good traction in the dirt and easy on the wallet. Here are a couple of pictures from today's (4/28) ride in the foothills to the North of Boise . Great ride, a little over 20 miles on less than half a charge. It was about 3000 ft of vertical climb to get to the ridge, but lots of climbs and descents to get there. The electric motor makes it so easy. As long as you have traction the motor just keeps pulling. Sorry about the rotation of the one pic. I am not smart enough to figure out how to straighten it out. Looks good on the computer but when it transferred it is 90 deg out. IMG_2387.JPGIMG_2388.JPG

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Awesome pics, I love and miss that part of Idaho. Is that South of Swan Falls dam? I had a ride last weekend in and around central Nevada on my EXR. Super steep and gnarly mountains. Went 38 miles and still had a little bit of battery left.

Alta.jpg

Alta1.jpg

Rix

BTW, I am going to give the SR244 a try with a Tubliss setup based on your experience.

bluefxstc

Pictures along the Snake are 5-10 miles east of Swan Falls and the other pictures are in the Boise Foothills just north of Boise. Glad to see you getting the EXR out and about, cool pics, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Rix

Rix

Pictures along the Snake are 5-10 miles east of Swan Falls and the other pictures are in the Boise Foothills just north of Boise. Glad to see you getting the EXR out and about, cool pics, thanks for sharing.
Okay, I forgot the Snake River turns east a little after passing through Marsing. As far as the Boise foot hills go, I know exactly where you are there. The one ridge looks like you took off from the upper ramp off of 8th street, and on the other side of Dagget Creek. I know that area very very well. I raced my first enduro just north of there at Mile High, aka Bogus Basin, aka Schaffer Butte, aka Deer Point back in 1984. The Boise Ridge Riders were a fairly new entity back then. When it comes to riding, I sure miss Idaho. So my only question is, did you go to the Highland Hollow brewery (aka Brass Lamp Pizza back in the 80s) after your ride?

bluefxstc

The future of Alta may be in question, but today was a beautiful day for a ride in the Boise foothills and the bike ran awesome. Bike has enough range for me to ride from my house, ,hit the trails for a while and return. Don't have to load, or unload, just ride so it is quick and easy. Love it. :)

IMG_2865[1].JPG

Rix

Nice Blue, I also had an awesome ride today. Going to post a couple of pics on the thread I started, so I don't thread jack your thread.

bluefxstc

Took the bike out today, little snow, but in a normal year this area would be closed and there would be 6" to 2 feet of snow here. Decided to turn around when the dirt road started getting icy. Ice is something I don't play around with on two wheels, not worth going down just to go a few miles more.

IMG_2895[1].JPG

bluefxstc

That would sucko_O, better you than me. Need to get studded tires for that. Getting stuck in stuff like that is one of the reasons I have the LHRB though. Awesome to be able to keep your feet down and still use the rear brake. Anymore I try and turn around before I get in stuff like that. Not worth not being able to ride for weeks or months if I, or the bike, gets hurt. thanks for sharing.

schwankl

ya with the cold and the cooling system only cooling - dont want to mess up the battery. not sure what regen does when its 20f outside and the battery is <32f ... dont want test that.