Elisava students create the first 100% electric off-road sports rescue motorcycle

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
A Gas-Gas with no gas-gas. Interesting design. Also, since it is electric, you would think they could include a defibrillator in it!

I wish I could have had this class in my college engineering curriculum.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Cool class project. But I think this should be filed under "DIY".

The Elisava Racing Team raised 3,600 Euros through a crowdfunding campaign on the Verkami platform to cover the costs of manufacturing the motorcycle. The results of this campaign show the interest that the project generates for its innovation.

bayodome

Regardless of where it's filed, it's a beautiful finished product. Looks like it uses the same motor that the Electric Motion bikes incorporate. Does anyone know the stats on that motor?

bayodome

Regardless of where it's filed, it's a beautiful finished product. Looks like it uses the same motor that the Electric Motion bikes incorporate. Does anyone know the stats on that motor?

Nevermind, found it. Ashwood Motors which is now called Dana TM4, and they also build the Zero motors as well.

privateer703

AOF Addict
I don't get what's "innovative" about it. The built in defibrillator would have been innovative, but this just seems like another Alta wannabe. I don't mean to seem negative, it's a good looking bike, and those shrouds are definitely more knee friendly. But what makes it special again? I mean it sounds like they make such a big deal because they call it a "Rescue" bike. Don't get me wrong, that's an awesome way for engineering students to learn about design and rapid prototyping but it seems like a lot of praise about nothing new. I apologize, I guess I'm just still sore, feels like Alta isn't even a footnote anymore.

F451

Agreed, not sure what makes it better for rescue then any other electric dirt bike.

And it looks like another dirt bike designed and built by people that don't have an extensive history riding and wrenching on dirt bikes. Swingarm looks flimsy, especially with that rear tire, looks like a big Trelleborg, that swingarm will be flexing all over the place. Also no lower chain guide, its going to need one I would imagine. Square-ish corner of the frame behind the front wheel, hello large rocks and logs = sudden stops = ouch, Lol.

On the other hand, it looks great overall and is way more then I could have ever done, so I give them props for the effort, and of course its a great idea and cause. I think with some tweaks they will have a great bike.

Top Bottom