Do 2019's really exist?

apbaguley

I've been told by a lot of people that a 2019 Alta really isn't a thing but I have a certificate of origin stating the manufacturing date of March 2019 and also stating that what I purchased was in fact a 2019 Alta MXR.

Is this just confusion over the late 2018 BK? I mean Companies continue to do business during a bankruptcy all the time until liquidation...

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
I've been told by a lot of people that a 2019 Alta really isn't a thing but I have a certificate of origin stating the manufacturing date of March 2019 and also stating that what I purchased was in fact a 2019 Alta MXR.

Is this just confusion over the late 2018 BK? I mean Companies continue to do business during a bankruptcy all the time until liquidation...

Uhhh the 2018 to 2019 MXRs had a few changes to the VIN structure and also small changes to the internals of the bulkhead and cooling system. I hate when people play telephone and dont know diddly squat.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Uhhh the 2018 to 2019 MXRs had a few changes to the VIN structure and also small changes to the internals of the bulkhead and cooling system. I hate when people play telephone and dont know diddly squat.
I think the question was how can the MOC have a 2019 manufacturing date when Alta closed its doors in Oct 2018. I think it is a legit question. Were any more bikes completed after doors closed in Oct 2018?

Clearly, most manufacturers start building and selling the next “model year” late in the previous year. They’ve done that since the 1920’s. We can buy 2022 dirt bike already this year. But that is the model year.