DIY conversions can be dangerous!

VINSANITY

Thats nice, really like the Motoped electric conversion platform. You running the QS205?
Yes the motor is a QS 205 V3 with high speed windings. It’s currently set up with a 72 volt x 42 amp/hr battery and 300 amp BMS. Controller is Sabvoton sine wave 150 amp so 11,000 watts - it’s fun power but not too much. The motoped frame is pretty neat, very strong chromoly steel so it can take a beating. A Sur Ron is very comparable but with the motoped you can have different battery configurations, adapt different motors etc versus the Sur Ron where changes are limited due to the layout. Unfortunately I don’t think motoped is still selling frame kits. With some slight tweaks the frame could be optimized for e-bike applications.

Reactions: Rix

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Yes the motor is a QS 205 V3 with high speed windings. It’s currently set up with a 72 volt x 42 amp/hr battery and 300 amp BMS. Controller is Sabvoton sine wave 150 amp so 11,000 watts - it’s fun power but not too much. The motoped frame is pretty neat, very strong chromoly steel so it can take a beating. A Sur Ron is very comparable but with the motoped you can have different battery configurations, adapt different motors etc versus the Sur Ron where changes are limited due to the layout. Unfortunately I don’t think motoped is still selling frame kits. With some slight tweaks the frame could be optimized for e-bike applications.
Either gas or electric, I am certain the motoped is a hoot to ride.

enjoythesilenc

What inside a controller can turn into a breif fireball? BAC

BAC looks like a plastic case but so is sevcon, mobipus and kelly. might a metal case have controlled this fire better?