DIY Alta Kickstand

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I think the moose stand would be the safer bet, the pro moto stands are MUCH cooler but the stands retracted position may be an issue. I have one on my RMZ but haven’t made the time yet to see if there would be an obvious interference problem. If it looks like it may work I’ll dig a little deeper.

It looks like Yamaha has a foot peg mount with offset mounting bolts, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda all appear to be centered on the mount bracket. The Alta has an offset similar to the Yamaha, so possibly on one of these stands for a Yamaha may be more easily adapted. That’s all pure speculation though. First one to figure it out wins!

06-09 YZ250/450F peg mount;
View attachment 3083

Alta peg mount;
View attachment 3084
Did you ever get a chance to see if your RMZ kickstand would work on the Alta? Looking online, the hole spacing looks about right. Really interested if that might work.

snydes

Staff member
Did you ever get a chance to see if your RMZ kickstand would work on the Alta? Looking online, the hole spacing looks about right. Really interested if that might work.

It will not work unfortunately. There is an issue with the relationship to the swingarm that killed that from being a possibility.