Display issues?

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Today I got 39 miles in at the state forest. It was hot, 99 degrees. The bikes sat in the sun while we packed up and load them.

After getting home I noticed the display was very dim, hard to see actually, and the lower left quadrant stays on. The quadrant stays on for about 45 seconds after the key is turned off and then slowly fades away.

Has anyone seen this before? Heat related?

Fod

Fog made both of us some great Velcro screen covers! I was afraid of this happening as that has happened to an old phone I had.

My display did the same thing, than about a week later that part of the display went dead and has not lit up since, the rest of the green still works, but my bike was out of warranty by about 3 months, so I have not replaced it since it has not caused any other problems, most of the green still shows up, but if your bike is still under warranty, I would definitely ask for a replacement

Mark911

Mine does that quite often. I really notice it after/during charging when the garage is dark as it can be quite dim sometimes. I just ignore it.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Ah, another trip to the dealer. I wore out my welcome there with the water pump issue. Oh well, what's another two weeks?

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Tonight the display issue is gone. I wonder if the issue was the nearly dead battery, or from sitting in the sun for a while in temps in the high 90s.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Yesterday’s ride had the display issue come back. Part of the green halo is inop. Its been intermittent but now it appears to not be.

9PH1zlFzR2mCRAklFou8sFUlvrYH9AT6LyqDK8G53X6waksXnrdcyoTAi9e1Zk0w9Nh8xtdt--oviGTPLkw=w883-h662-no.jpg

Same exact spot on mine, all of the LH side has been gone for approximately 8 months or so, but at least my display has not gotten any worse, it also has not caused me any other issues

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
I was hoping a recharge and sitting in the air conditioned living room would revive the inop part of the green halo. It hasn't. I'll have it looked at for warranty replacement later in the season. The halo has been intermittent for about 200 miles, and definitely worse in hot temps.