Display Guard - Protect it from crashes!

Trialsman

I asked about sending to Sweden and it looks like he will. PM me your name, email, & address. He will have to see what will be the best way and let you know how much it will cost. My son has taken over the day to day so I will have him contact you with the information.

TeslaRaptor

based on everyone else in this thread figuring this out....I bet the issue is with me...but I can not get the bolts out of the back of the factory display. They just keep turning (with a “click” that sounds like I should not do it. Do I need to do something special to get the display out of the factory mold/protector?

5BD770A3-E944-467B-AE53-3E0BFF38E3F6.jpeg

snydes

Staff member
Oh crap... same thing going on here too unfortunately. Little brass insert is stripped in the display housing. You will love to hate those things like the rest of us. I’ll have to think about what I’d try on this one and report back. Only two real options, prying the insert fully out of the plastic or drilling the head off the bolt.

Trialsman

"Only two real options, prying the insert fully out of the plastic or drilling the head off the bolt."

You might try the drilling and pinning method I described for the shroud inserts.

TeslaRaptor

"Only two real options, prying the insert fully out of the plastic or drilling the head off the bolt."

You might try the drilling and pinning method I described for the shroud inserts.

i finally got it out. Pinched the outer silver washer w needle nose pliers and got the hex key in beside it. Got both out that way. Now to the next step in the install steps!

snydes

Staff member
Haha, he beat me to it! You will have to sacrifice/cut apart the foam to be able to do it, but it’s the best solution and I think the foam is available through Liquid Performance.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Well, it took me two years to get around to it, but I finally installed my Alta Vault. Seems to fit pretty well, although I added a little extra padding.

The reason that I finally installed it was because I was also installing some Tusk 30mm bar risers. I installed the risers mostly because I had a hard time accessing the suspension settings. Definitely makes accessing the top of the forks easier.

Just rode around a bit in the neighborhood, but the risers definitely felt better while standing. Will take a little bit of getting used to, and some fiddling with the angle of the bars and controls, but I like it so far.

1618098819684.jpg
1618098884725.jpg
1618098929939.jpg

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Mike, Keith is out of the EX version until I can come up with the way to modify the MX to fit the EX. I will look in my shop as I had several of my prototypes and some of the original batch. I will post up my findings this evening.
@Trialsman, I see that both versions of the Alta Vault show “available on backorder” on Keith’s site. If I order an MX version, do you know what the turnaround time might be to ship one?

Trialsman

Let me check with my son Eric, who is now running the operation. We did have a couple MX versions left and I see no reason not to ship by Friday.

Trialsman

I talked with my son a little while ago and there is an AltaVault with your name on it. Probably will go out tomorrow. Eric will send you the tracking number.

Motophyllic

I ordered an MX vault last week. Just wondering if you have any in stock? I bought flex bars and need to rig up a vault and somehow mount it on the bars.

Trialsman

I called my son, Eric, who is taking care of things. He will be at the shop tomorrow and will check. There are probably only about two or three MX/MXR style units left, no EX/EXR unless we make an adapter for mounting behind the light.