Display Guard - Protect it from crashes!

Trialsman

I pulled the parts tonight and packaged them up. My son will get them in the mail tomorrow. I asked him to send you the tracking number. Now don't crash before you get the protection installed Ha, Ha.

Jayfox911

I put on the protector on the MXR and EXR this afternoon

I am not sure what the extra brackets are for on the EXR protector?

I like the standard bar pad on the mxr, I had to cut the foam for bar pad around the protector mounts.

AA715414-B922-4B0B-A73C-02A12AAEBC35.jpeg

3FFCB92D-2D32-473D-ACD9-2A81B78FBD6D.jpeg

6009DE44-823C-4BE3-AF73-02F3ABEEC494.jpeg

B9CACAEE-36D8-47BA-BB20-7E7F8EFE7466.jpeg

Trialsman

The brackets with the three holes go between the handlebar clamp bolts and the two threaded holes at the top rear of the Ex AltaVault. Depending on what position you have your bars located on the triple clamps determines which hole you use. Just grind off the rest. If there is need for more adjustment you can drill the small holes a little larger. They are not imperative and act more for extra stabilization.

Trialsman

Mike, Keith is out of the EX version until I can come up with the way to modify the MX to fit the EX. I will look in my shop as I had several of my prototypes and some of the original batch. I will post up my findings this evening.

Trialsman

I checked and only have my prototype for use with a steering stabilizer such as Ohlins. I'm sure there are others who would like to protect their EX displays so I will start working on a method to use the MX version for the people who would like an EX. IMG_6643.jpg

The Swede

Great work Trailsman with the Alta Vault, I definitely want one for my MXR. It will be a clear improvement to my own DIY build made from cut outs of a sleeping pad and tape! Do you think your friend Keith can ship one to Sweden? (The pre settings on their web page allowed only for address in the US, I think.)

Jayfox911

Mike, Keith is out of the EX version until I can come up with the way to modify the MX to fit the EX. I will look in my shop as I had several of my prototypes and some of the original batch. I will post up my findings this evening.
You could just move it to the front of the bars like the Mx? I believe the screen and cable length is the same on the mxr and exr.

Since I have both models maybe I will play around with the mxr mount on the exr in the stock exr location. Seems like you could remove some of the underside mount on the mxr to fit the stock mounts on the exr?

Trialsman

There is no problem using the MX version and that MX location for the EX. I was going to make a way to use the MX version on the EX in the EX location. Just needs some bracketry for support in the behind the headlight location.

Trialsman

Here is the story. There are ample MX AltaVaults ready to ship but no EXs. I can put in an order for aluminum bar and get a small quantity CNCed. I will have to do about 18pcs as a minimum run. If there seems to be enough people interested I will do it but it will just be through me on the site. Keith has a lot going on right now so that is the reason we need to do it this way. Same product - same price, $107.30 shipped CONUS. Let me know if you are interested so I can get thye ball rolling. Total time will be about a month I suspect. Just don't break your display before you get protection.

Trialsman

Mike, check your PM for tracking #. If anyone else wants an EX version let me know, or I will not bother getting materials and making another batch. Thanks.