Display Guard - Protect it from crashes!

Trialsman

I went over to Keith's and was very pleased to find out all AltaVault orders were shipped. He said he emailed everyone the tracking so we should be good at this point. Let me know if anyone slipped through the cracks and I will take care of it for you. For a very nominal cost you can protect the critical display unit. Keith has both the MX and the EX versions in stock and ready to ship. Thanks all.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
I went over to Keith's and was very pleased to find out all AltaVault orders were shipped. He said he emailed everyone the tracking so we should be good at this point. Let me know if anyone slipped through the cracks and I will take care of it for you. For a very nominal cost you can protect the critical display unit. Keith has both the MX and the EX versions in stock and ready to ship. Thanks all.

Yep. Got an email from Keith this morning with the tracking info. MX model vault is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. (y)

Mark S.

Seeing Mark S's post I went over to Keith's to check on things. Keith has been moving in some new equipment and was sort of in a tizzy. He was thinking his order from anodizing was what he was waiting for until I reminded him the orders were all MX which was in stock. He assured me they will go out today or tomorrow at the latest. He will send the tracking numbers directly to you since I am not involved anymore. I will, however, check up on it for you tomorrow so that nothing falls through. Sorry for his goof up. This is one of the best ways to date, of protecting our very important displays. I will keep him ahead of things for the group.
Thanks for your help it came in the mail today

Trialsman

I have two EXRs and that was the first thing I put on each when they got in my garage. I will be over at Keith's tomorrow and see it is sent out right away.

Trialsman

I put one on my MX first, but I had converted it to street legal so it still was behind the number plate of the headlight. Post yours so others can see how it looks in MX configuration.

Motophyllic

My display guards are great, the only thing I don’t know how to do is install the brackets that go from the guard to the handlebars. They’re way too long and have holes drilled in the wrong spot. I think I’m just not seeing something.

Trialsman

The guard brackets were made to be used on any handlebar setting. The handlebar clamps can be in three positions bolted to the top triple clamp. Align what hole fits for the position you choose and cut off the excess, rounding the corners. You may enlarge the hole for a minor adjustment. The brackets are probably even overkill but I figured it was better to have attachment at top as well as on bottom of the AltaVault.

Trialsman

If your display cable is routed so that you have enough slack, you can carefully bend the brackets for better visibility. Making sure you don't kink the cable, bend the AltaVault upward (bending the metal brackets) so the screen is more visible. This adjustment was made possible but is only meant for the sitting position so don't go too far.

Butch

Poseur
the Alta is the first dirtbike I have had that has a display at all, so I don’t feel like I’m missing anything by not seeing it.
Range anxiety reminds me to check the SOC frequently.

Trialsman

Hey guys, I was over at Keith's yesterday, helping him complete a batch of Dirt Nappers, and had him pull out an AltaVault for a recently ordered EX. I asked how many he had left and he replied three. There is a finite number of EX/EXRs out there and quite a few people have opted to protect the display. Thank you for your support, but if anyone is still on the fence, talk to anyone who has purchased one for a review of it's design, build quality, and effectiveness. If there is still a lot of demand to warrant another batch I will let Keith know. MX models are still plentiful so there should be no problem here. Thanks also to the MXers who purchased an AltaVault. The entire goal was to makes these great bikes last as long as possible. I still have not even fired up my FreeRide since I bought the Alta.