Display Guard - Protect it from crashes!

bluefxstc

How is the display fastened / secured to the vault / guard for an EX?
On my bike it is not. The display is mounted to the factory mount and the vault just slips over and then mounts to the triple clamp using the same mounting holes as the factory display mount. I used longer screws which were included with the vault. The factory mount is sandwiched between the vault and the triple clamp using the factory mounting locations. There are two brackets which can go between the handlebar mounts and the vault which I haven't installed yet, but may in the future.

Trialsman

On my bike it is not. The display is mounted to the factory mount and the vault just slips over and then mounts to the triple clamp using the same mounting holes as the factory display mount. I used longer screws which were included with the vault. The factory mount is sandwiched between the vault and the triple clamp using the factory mounting locations. There are two brackets which can go between the handlebar mounts and the vault which I haven't installed yet, but may in the future.
Yep - everything you said is correct. Sorry I was camping in a remote section of SC and had no real signal to use my laptop. The added SS brackets I included so as not to put too much strain on the aluminum ears on the top triple. Even though the OEM mounts only to those ears, I wanted to play it safe and have support that would prevent the entire unit from rotating on the plane of those ears. Doing so might shear them off in a bad get-off. Glad 007 figured out the way it was installed.

schwankl

so respect the armor! i just want to evolve the bike and make the display optional. getting there sorry for delay.

Butch

Poseur
I just installed the MX AltaVault... er, we did, with Eric at his shop... anyhow, pretty clean and simple, though the relocation seems contrary to...
Pics to follow.

strider

Installed mine onto my EXR last weekend. It was way simpler than I thought. I just took out the two screws from the triple clamps, dropped the Vault over the display, and installed the 2 longer screws that came with the Vault.

I saw the tabs but my vault is right up against the top triple. The tabs look way too big. Should I just trim them?IMG_20190429_1455472.jpg

Trialsman

Hey Strider, You can go ahead and trim off excess on the tabs. They are long so riders can use the different positions on the triple clamps. You can even use it without the tabs but maximum protection is achieved by tying then to the handlebar clamps as well. Enjoy.

Trialsman

I tried to make it as flexible as possible to fit whatever position on the triple clamp a rider wanted to use. Use the length you need and trim the rest away.

strider

Hope it is a closed loop style to give you time to recharge. Best of luck and let us know how things went. Post up some picts.
Thanks!

It's a "do as many laps as you can in 90 minutes" style of race. Each lap is between 6 and 12 miles long but from what I've read they are usually closer to 6. I've never ridden for 90 minutes continuously so I'm just going to see how I do. I plan to write up something in the Racing forum afterwards.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
It's a "do as many laps as you can in 90 minutes" style of race. Each lap is between 6 and 12 miles long but from what I've read they are usually closer to 6. I've never ridden for 90 minutes continuously so I'm just going to see how I do. I plan to write up something in the Racing forum afterwards.

More than a few of us will be interested in hearing more about how you and the bike do in this race, looking forward to reading your write up. Good luck!

Trialsman

Seeing Mark S's post I went over to Keith's to check on things. Keith has been moving in some new equipment and was sort of in a tizzy. He was thinking his order from anodizing was what he was waiting for until I reminded him the orders were all MX which was in stock. He assured me they will go out today or tomorrow at the latest. He will send the tracking numbers directly to you since I am not involved anymore. I will, however, check up on it for you tomorrow so that nothing falls through. Sorry for his goof up. This is one of the best ways to date, of protecting our very important displays. I will keep him ahead of things for the group.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Seeing Mark S's post I went over to Keith's to check on things. Keith has been moving in some new equipment and was sort of in a tizzy. He was thinking his order from anodizing was what he was waiting for until I reminded him the orders were all MX which was in stock. He assured me they will go out today or tomorrow at the latest. He will send the tracking numbers directly to you since I am not involved anymore. I will, however, check up on it for you tomorrow so that nothing falls through. Sorry for his goof up. This is one of the best ways to date, of protecting our very important displays. I will keep him ahead of things for the group.

Does this issue relate to all pending orders? I placed an order on May 8th for an MX version and didn't receive any confirmation and also haven't received the vault. My PP account and credit card were charged that day. When I ordered my EX version in February I received an order confirmation that day, a shipping confirmation shortly thereafter, and the vault arrived two days after placing the order. I've been traveling all month so I had not followed up. I just arrived home today so it has also not been an issue for me yet. Thanks.

Trialsman

Yes, yours is one of three orders that have been sitting. Not being involved directly, sometimes things do't go as I would do them. Rest assured I will be over there checking and will get it done. Have you heard the expression "like herding cats"? Sorry for the delay, especially since they are completed and sitting on a shelf.