Display Guard - Protect it from crashes!

leeo45

Geezer in denial
This will be like Henry Ford once said, "You can have any color you want..................as long as it is black."

Anything works for me except the hot pink those guys are asking for over in the plastic body parts thread. :p

Just let me know how to order one once they are available. In fact, I'll order one now before they are available. (y)

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Hard anno only comes in one color. Dark Grey.
Not true. Hard anodized parts can be made in any color, but that greenish gray will still be mixed in, it is its natural color if you do not add any color. If you add bright colors they won't look very bright. Golden will look like light brown, and red would look burgundy. Black can still be made pure black.

Trialsman

The other two variants (MX and EX) milling is completed and they have been taken for hard coat. You can see in the post above on mine it is a satin black. The brackets for mounting will be water-jetted next week then we should be ready to ship. I took both types to a dealer today to test fit them, perfect.
IMG_5385.jpg
IMG_5386.jpg
The display is isolated from the case with neoprene. Looks great. These will have stainless tabs from the handlebar clamps to the display case ----- or should I say Vault.

Trialsman

I have a tab of stainless 1"x.060" that comes off each handlebar clamp. The tab is bent about 45* so you can easily see the display from the seated or standing positions. I had to work it in so you still have access to the charging port and coolant cover. The highest point will be about the same, or slightly lower than the handlebar clamps. each tab will have a handlebar clamp bolt go through one side and it will use a 5mm bolt to attach to the case. When I get that part done I will post pictures.

Trialsman

As for a plain aluminum one, I can check if I have any of the prototypes that did not go to the anodizer today. Sorry, I have my doubts though.

Trialsman

By all means use the variant that is for the EX. Look at the pictures of the one I just completed for my bike. The only difference will be yours will have two smaller ears on top (rather than one in middle) that attach a strap to the handlebar clamps. It tucks in really well behind the headlight and is slightly lower than the top of the number plate.

Trialsman

Right now the displays (both types) are completed and anodized. The stainless straps have been sent to waterjet but I am inclined to hand machine some of these while we wait for the rest to be waterjetted. I am going to try and talk the guy to whom I turned over the design , to bring these out in the next day or two. Sometimes it is like herding cats ! I do appreciate your patience. By the way, there will be one LESS EX style for sale - - - - since it will be on my new EXR.

evh1

By the way, there will be one LESS EX style for sale - - - - since it will be on my new EXR.[/QUOTE]

HA! The one you stole out from under me...kidding! Just be sure there's one for MY EXR