Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro - Electric

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
What more can I say? Li-ion 56v, 60ah battery. Tractor-like torque. It says “Enduro” right there in the name. Trails? Make your own damn trails and jumps with this bad boy! Update the suspension with a little more travel, and I’m sure you could clear some doubles or triples. It’s even got dual twin-bladed fan-thingies for added lift off the jumps.

Sounds like the future of electric off-roading and lawns to me!

1565474065103.jpg

Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro LT 42 in. 56-Volt 60 Ah Battery Lithium-Ion Electric Front-Engine Riding Lawn Tractor-LT42e - The Home Depot

leeo45

Geezer in denial
I like the design and the 2 acres per charge. The price is pretty steep though. More than double the equivalent electric start, EFI gas engine model. $3999 versus $1849.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I like the design and the 2 acres per charge. The price is pretty steep though. More than double the equivalent electric start, EFI gas engine model. $3999 versus $1849.
The price may be steep, but that's par for the course for "new" technology.

In a few more years electric lawn care equipment will be much more commonplace and prices will begin to match ICE powered equipment according to my crystal ball.

F451

I hate cutting grass. It's a waste of time and it is usually an obnoxiously loud and smelly process. This thing makes it look like fun. Can it do wheelies??

Same.

Our new place has a tiny yard, everyone in the hood has battery powered lawn equipment. You can say hi to your neighbor without raising your voice while cutting your lawn.

I bought the Ryobi line, honestly, its like adult sized kid toys for the lawn, so cheap and flimsy, but they work ok so far. Its great not having to deal with the noise, chemicals, and maintenance. Reminds me of another thing in my garage, Lol.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
my neighbor has a battery powered 'bush trimmer' I have a monster 80cc behemoth brush cutter with bush trimmer attachment

I bought him a Barbie sticker for his .....

1565798770234.png

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I'm rocking these beauties. 60v, 5ah battery for the mower and 60v, 2ah battery for the trimmer and blower. All work fantastically and they are all super quiet!

Got the mower on clearance at Lowes for $159 with the battery. Such a great deal.

1565799274310.png
1565799307562.png

F451

Nice. I'm about to mount some old kitchen cabinets (seriously old, from the 70's I think!) in my garage and it just occured to me that I need a charging station setup for all the battery chargers. I think I'm going to try to build a shelf or two in between a couple of the cabinets for charging, battery storage, clean up the wires, etc.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Ha ha. I have several different charging station setups that stay organized for approximately 3 days each.

You know you're a battery power geek when...
… you brag to your neighbors about how much time you save on ICE engine maintenance, but...
… you have 200 different rechargeable batteries with 180 different chargers (most of which belong to batteries you no longer have),
… you have 6 spreadsheets tracking various charging vs amps schedules so you don't blow all your breakers while charging,
… a quarter of your garage is composed of dozens of power strips (at least 6 of which are probably plugged back into themselves somewhere),
... you've taken apart batteries to fix other batteries,
… you bought a small gas generator just to power the cooling system for the other gas generator running your chargers,
... you've switched to solar to charge all your batteries, but every time you flip the switch, the sun visibly dims from the amperage draw!

I could go on, but you know who you are.

1565803255362.png

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Ha ha. I have several different charging station setups that stay organized for approximately 3 days each.

You know you're a battery power geek when...
… you brag to your neighbors about how much time you save on ICE engine maintenance, but...
… you have 200 different rechargeable batteries with 180 different chargers (most of which belong to batteries you no longer have),
… you have 6 spreadsheets tracking various charging vs amps schedules so you don't blow all your breakers while charging,
… a quarter of your garage is composed of dozens of power strips (at least 6 of which are probably plugged back into themselves somewhere),
... you've taken apart batteries to fix other batteries,
… you bought a small gas generator just to power the cooling system for the other gas generator running your chargers,
... you've switched to solar to charge all your batteries, but every time you flip the switch, the sun visibly dims from the amperage draw!

I could go on, but you know who you are.

View attachment 3607

you need help!

OSHA would have a heart attack

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
you need help!

OSHA would have a heart attack

Disclaimer: that was not a pic of my garage. Mine is not that organized.

I mean, what kind of OCD psycho uses cable ties and keeps stuff in a row? If the Almighty didn't want the cables in a heap in the corner, he wouldn't have invented gravity and entropy. Why fight fate and the natural order of things?

Or if you subscribe to karma, if I organize things neatly, it just means somebody else's cables get messed up. I think that's what happens when I put my earbuds in my pocket, and they come out in some hideously complicated Gordian knot 30 seconds later. That just means some bastard somewhere else just organized his sock drawer. Frankly, you just can't win against that kind of opposition.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Same.

Our new place has a tiny yard, everyone in the hood has battery powered lawn equipment. You can say hi to your neighbor without raising your voice while cutting your lawn.

I bought the Ryobi line, honestly, its like adult sized kid toys for the lawn, so cheap and flimsy, but they work ok so far. Its great not having to deal with the noise, chemicals, and maintenance. Reminds me of another thing in my garage, Lol.
I have the Ryobi 40v stuff too, it may be light and a little flimsy, but it has held up to my abuse surprisingly well for several years now.

F451

I have the Ryobi 40v stuff too, it may be light and a little flimsy, but it has held up to my abuse surprisingly well for several years now.

Good to know. It all got great reviews online. When it was delivered and unpackaged I was like "you've got to be kidding me". Flimsy.

So far it works ok but the mower has almost no suction. Drives me crazy, will not pick up a stray leaf if its life depended on it. And I often have to give the grass a second pass or more, just doesn't cut anywhere near as good as my old stone cold reliable ICE Honda mower.

But I hardly have any yard so the quiet operation, lack of maint, and no nasty chemicals does make up for the lousy mowing performance.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Good to know. It all got great reviews online. When it was delivered and unpackaged I was like "you've got to be kidding me". Flimsy.

So far it works ok but the mower has almost no suction. Drives me crazy, will not pick up a stray leaf if its life depended on it. And I often have to give the grass a second pass or more, just doesn't cut anywhere near as good as my old stone cold reliable ICE Honda mower.

But I hardly have any yard so the quiet operation, lack of maint, and no nasty chemicals does make up for the lousy mowing performance.
No suction indeed, I just use the mulching mode with mine. And it does take a slightly different technique than an ICE mower to achieve the same result, but once you adapt to the difference it is a much more pleasant machine to operate.

Top Bottom