Cost to recharge?

TeslaRaptor

One of the places I go to ride trails is in Central Texas. The land owner has a few RV spots installed with 50A plugs. When renewing my membership this week I asked about using the 50a plugs to fast charge the Alta. He said it would be $30/day. Which seems a bit much for just charging the bike.

anyone have an approx cost to charge from ~10% to 100%? Electricity in his zip code is 11.74¢ per kWh.

thx!!!

wwmotors

To be fair, You have to respect, that he offers his electric infrastructure to You, not only the energycosts! Building up the infrastrcture costs also money. We pay here in Germany between 3-8$ for a dayrental of the plug! I think, that is fair to everybody. He earns a bit of money, You save the work of towing around Your generator. I charge around 6-8KWh on one afternoon, when i arrive fully charged.

TeslaRaptor

I will be paying him something per day or per year. He asked me what I thought was fair.....and I didn’t know. So had to educate myself on his costs to determine what a fair amount would be. Philip explained the capacity of the battery.....so I am now all set.

wwmotors

I will be paying him something per day or per year. He asked me what I thought was fair.....and I didn’t know. So had to educate myself on his costs to determine what a fair amount would be. Philip explained the capacity of the battery.....so I am now all set.
In our MX hall, I do 6 to 8 stints in one evening with 10 min riding time. There i charge approx. 3-4 KWhours. I pay 3€ per evening. But You have to know, that Germany has the worldwide highest energyprices due to our ridicoulos politics! We pay over 30 cent /KWh (0,36$ / KWh!!!). But I think, that is a fair price for charging for one afternoon/evening riding

Motophyllic

There is the price for the kilowatt per hour electric and then there’s the price for delivery. You are going to have to pay both of those when you use electric at the plug. Here in New York I pay 9.4 cents supply and 7.6 cents delivery.