Coolant Cap O-Ring

effinsiok

Does anyone know what size and material the o-ring is that's used on the coolant cap? Mine is all cracked around the edges.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Does anyone know what size and material the o-ring is that's used on the coolant cap? Mine is all cracked around the edges.

Do you have an older Alta or a newer Alta?

The older bikes used a plastic coolant cap (M22)

The R bikes got the red anodized coolant cap which came with this O-ring: O-RING, 19.3MM ID, 2.2MM X-SECTION, NITRILE which the closest is this on McMaster: McMaster-Carr

effinsiok

Do you have an older Alta or a newer Alta?

The older bikes used a plastic coolant cap (M22)

The R bikes got the red anodized coolant cap which came with this O-ring: O-RING, 19.3MM ID, 2.2MM X-SECTION, NITRILE which the closest is this on McMaster: McMaster-Carr
I have an older MX (0035) with the plastic coolant cap.

effinsiok

There isnt a o-ring that came with that part. It was a single piece.
Interesting, mine has an o-ring fitted under the head of the cap/plug, but there isn't a face or radial groove for it to sit in. It sort just gets squished between the head of the cap/plug and the aluminum frame. Should I take it off?

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Interesting, mine has an o-ring fitted under the head of the cap/plug, but there isn't a face or radial groove for it to sit in. It sort just gets squished between the head of the cap/plug and the aluminum frame. Should I take it off?

MX35 is a pretty early bike, would you be able to take a picture of the coolant cap along with the coolant port near the deltawing?

Once I see that picture I can clearly discern between what was used.

effinsiok

MX35 is a pretty early bike, would you be able to take a picture of the coolant cap along with the coolant port near the deltawing?

Once I see that picture I can clearly discern between what was used.
Here are the pics, let me know if I misunderstood what you were asking for (I’m not sure how to rotate them from my phone)

3FA8406E-ACD4-4E38-A6EC-0AF944417E0F.jpeg

712BE9FA-EC71-4509-B775-C8AA8874CFDD.jpeg

F529B62F-B360-4983-9F77-01624190271D.jpeg

68A0F3AA-AB3E-4091-97C4-C2FF11161703.jpeg