Code 36 service required???

Brad

Looks fine at 100%. Yes, code 35 follows 36. This is another somewhat unique scenario that doesn't really follow anything we've seen here yet. Take another picture at a low state of charge. It looks like for whatever reason that P group isn't discharging at the same rate, which could possibly be due to a faulty chip on the module pcb. Honestly though, if it balances that good at 100%, and nothing looks detrimental at a low SOC, I can't see what harm there is in just running it like that.
Okay, probably going to get a ride in today. Then I’ll take a picture of the battery graph at a lower SOC.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
This looks like a broken wire bond.

The bike was fully charged when the wire bond broke. As the P groups' voltage drops as the bike is ridden, the affect P group's voltage remains at the higher SOC because it's not connected to the hvpcb. I suspect his break is at the connection that the P group joins the other P groups in the series, not in parallel within the P group.

snydes

Staff member
This looks like a broken wire bond.

The bike was fully charged when the wire bond broke. As the P groups' voltage drops as the bike is ridden, the affect P group's voltage remains at the higher SOC because it's not connected to the hvpcb. I suspect his break is at the connection that the P group joins the other P groups in the series, not in parallel within the P group.

Sorry man but that's not correct. If it were a disconnected cell the capacity of that P group would drop faster than all the rest, this one the voltage is seeming to remain higher the lower the SOC goes. Also, in the case of a disconnected cell, the BCU can't see the voltage at all anymore.

Brad

@snydes @OneLapper This all sounds foreign to me haha. But thanks for all the information. So what would the solution be if any? I still haven’t gotten a ride in, planning on going tomorrow or Wednesday.

snydes

Staff member
@snydes @OneLapper This all sounds foreign to me haha. But thanks for all the information. So what would the solution be if any? I still haven’t gotten a ride in, planning on going tomorrow or Wednesday.

Right now my suggestion would be just to ride it and monitor the imbalance at different percentages, especially the low end. IMO based on what I'm seeing with the imbalance so far I wouldn't be concerned with continuing to ride it normally, unless something wacky happens at a low SOC. Difficult to say what the solution would be until the cause is pinpointed. Unfortunately when it comes to these batteries, the repairs are typically not easy and usually the only real option at this time is a module swap like Rashid just mentioned. Lately we've seen some unusual situations though.

Bike has the latest firmware?

metallic88

Two MXR 2018 altas in Germany with code 35.... Noooooo 😩
mine had a code 37 thats just the humidity sensor malfuction unless you actually have water/humidity in the battery, because the honeywell sensor they used doesnt like light at all, but they put it really close to a led, so it causes the code 37 false codes. i installed a spliter to block the led from the sensor and its been great ever sense, that or the esd is shorted.

Edit: I was thinking about code 37, so nevermind my post.

Ronny Showman

mine had a code 35 thats just the humidity sensor malfuction unless you actually have water/humidity in the battery, because the honeywell sensor they used doesnt like light at all, but they put it really close to a led, so it causes the code 35 false codes. i installed a spliter to block the led from the sensor and its been great ever sense, that or the esd is shorted.

i rode alot the last weeks with no problems , lots of power and long lasting batterie.
just want to know how many hours on my bike...so i pushed the button ...and then i pushed the button in the middle and saw the code 35.....i dont know for how long that error is.

iam working on to get the Multitool running , hopefully i see more than.

honeywell sensor is inside the battery ?

Ronny Showman

mine had a code 35 thats just the humidity sensor malfuction unless you actually have water/humidity in the battery, because the honeywell sensor they used doesnt like light at all, but they put it really close to a led, so it causes the code 35 false codes. i installed a spliter to block the led from the sensor and its been great ever sense, that or the esd is shorted.
humidity sensor is code 37 right ?

Christian

Why do the MXRs seem to have so much more problems than the MXs? I like my MX so much that I’ve been thinking of getting a MXR, but I’m hesitant because all the problems I see with them on the forum.

snydes

Staff member
Why do the MXRs seem to have so much more problems than the MXs? I like my MX so much that I’ve been thinking of getting a MXR, but I’m hesitant because all the problems I see with them on the forum.

There were problems that came about when switching to the cells that are used in the R packs that led to the wirebond problems. Not all code 35/36's are wirebond problems however, but many have been.