Code 36 service required???

Rocketz152

I rode my 2018 mxr today on the track (2nd time out since I bought it) rode all day...went home and washed it. I then put it on the charger and now I have a code 36 service required with the check engine light on... it's still taking a charge and will run (drive around) but code and light will not go away and there is nothing that I can find about Alta codes... Please help and thank you!

snydes

Staff member
Bummer to hear that :confused:
Without a doubt they are going to tell you to take it back to the dealer unfortunately.

datadog

The best, and perhaps quickest way to report and record a problem with a service code is to email service@altamotors.co. Include your VIN and model, description of the problem, and try to include the time and date of the event (code). The Service Team would take it from there and assist you in solving the issue.

Fod

Code came back on riding in the hills at 50% battery left... going to have to take her back to the dealership again...
Guess it wasn't random the first time. Interested to know what it is as it's not really sounding like a safety issue.

Gertech

I had a code 33 on mine. Alta replaced the battery pack under warranty but it took about a month to get. Hope you can get yours back up and running soon!

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I was at Hemond's this weekend with J Day Offroad doing the GP and Sprint Enduro. We had three Altas there, the new MXR had Code 36 pop up. My dealer was there and in talking to him he mentioned they had updated FW and clear the code once already. I'll post more tom'w evening.

Rocketz152

I got my bike back Saturday morning (yesterday). An Alta rep went to the dealership to check the bike out...they said it was the first time they had seen that code. Alta ended up replacing the battery...I took her out and ripped it up and so far so good! I'm guessing a bad batch of batteries made it out of the factory...I'll post more if anything pops up!

IMG_20180729_194412_704.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
LOL! The photo is most likely real, I almost believe it, but it could be a Photoshop as well, LOL! I cannot see the big jump's face. And how the heck did you end up handing all the way up there above the trees?!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: